Amsterdam Falafel | Intuition Ale Works

Added by kylehay2004 on 05-04-2014

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.38/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%

4.34/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Ap - Near jet black body. Light-khaki head that retreats quickly to a thin ring, and small film. Little to no lacing.

Ar - Dark cacao, roasted malt, subtle smoke/char.

T - Similar to the aroma, but more muddled/subdued (not in a bad way). It seems like this was heavy on the late additions, maybe? There is a slight hint of char and maybe raisins... as it warms a bit.

M - The perfect level of carbonation is what I enjoy most here. It almost feels too much like a stout for me. I like my porters (even Imperial Baltic versions) to be a tad thinner. This is nitpicking as most people would love this.

O - Impressive. I went back and reviewed this one after my initial tick. It deserved a little higher praise than I originally gave.

Amsterdam Falafel from Intuition Ale Works