I-10 IPA | Intuition Ale Works

Intuition Ale Works
Florida, United States
intuitionale.com

Style: American IPA

The West Coast comes to Jax with this extremely hoppy, true India Pale Ale. Our two-row malted barley and caramel malt come to life with a ?@!#-ton of Northwest hops. We use 4 different hops during the brewing process and during dry hopping. It’s music to your nose.

Added by nickfl on 01-26-2011

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

As I live in Jacksonville, FL this is my go to beer at most eating establishments. It is consistent with lots of smooth hop flavor. Since I prefer beers from the tap this one is almost always available locally.

4.23/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.2/5  rDev +9.4%

4.19/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.19/5  rDev +9.1%

As noted in another review, the fantastic hop aroma in this brew doesn't totally transfer over to the taste. I didn't get as much of a kick as I was hoping for when I tasted it, however the taste was very pleasant and enjoyable. It drinks more like a pale ale, but still with that great hop aroma. I had a blast visiting Intuition and would be happy to make an afternoon out of enjoying their beer anytime I'm in town. They let us sample their dubbel out of the tank on the tour, and I think that will be spectacular. They'd also just acquired 2 Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels and were really pumped about them. Just a fun time to be around this crew.

4.17/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.16/5  rDev +8.3%

4.16/5  rDev +8.3%

Solid IPA, not a go to but good stuff

4.15/5  rDev +8.1%

4.15/5  rDev +8.1%

Intuition Ale Works "I-10 IPA"
12 oz. can, coded "PKGD 10/07/14 I THINK I CAN"
$1.67 @ Winn Dixie #0199, Jacksonville, FL

Brightly resinous and piney hops greet you in the nose of Intuition's I-10 IPA. They're not overdone - there's just enough to be clear about what's going on - and the sweetness of the malt behind them smooths the dank edges and sort of pushes them at you.

As might be expected, the flavor is just as hoppy - also without being overdone - and again there's a sweetish biscuity and doughy malt that livens them. Grapefruit is quite clear, as is resinous pine, damp earth, pineapple, and citrus pith but beyond that there's also a hint of lemon, orange or tangerine, and mango. As you go from sip to sip the malt steps forward here and there, revealing that it's fairly complicated in and of itself. What appeared at first as the basic 'blueprint' biscuit malt for an IPA suggests wheat, grass, and a fuller depth of 'grainy' flavor. Both the hop and the malt components combine, but also stand to a certain extent on their own. Finally, a stiff bitterness centers it, and not unlike the rest of it's components, it's not overdone. A dry but not raspy-bitter finish leaves you satiated but still ready for another sip.

Sometimes brewers can get carried away when formulating beers in thinking that "more is more", but they've kept this one from going over the edge... it steps up to the edge and looks over but always remains far enough back to retain great drinkability.

I-10 IPA from Intuition Ale Works