Jon Boat | Intuition Ale Works

Style: Kölsch

Added by OttoBomb on 11-23-2011

3.04/5  rDev -10.1%

3.41/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.08/5  rDev -8.9%

2.85/5  rDev -15.7%

Jon Boat from Intuition Ale Works 4.5% alcohol... poured into a pint glass.

A- Yellow straw colored fluid with mild carbonated head that drops to a light froth.

S- Sweet corn and dextrin upfront with a light scent of floral hops and tangy yeast.

T-M- Lemon like hops upfront with the rundown of tight bitter floral bite. Average mill of ale malts sweeten this beer to a so so taste. Mild yeast/ dextrin flavor on the afterbite. Watery and lightly astringent finish makes this the hit or miss... mostly a miss.

Good but no cigar for drinkablity...

3.75/5  rDev +10.9%

3.74/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I was surprised by this one. I had it straight out of a can and even then it was very fragrant - straight up biscuit. I actually got it poured into a pint glass the next time and I swear it was not as fragrant that way. Weird. But now I go straight out of the can every time.

It was really enjoyable and had a nice tang to it. It has a sort of sour biscuit dough thing going on. It makes you want to keep taking another sip and another. I end up finishing them really quickly.

It's not going to beat out some complex stout but as a session beer it's a real winner. I could drink a dozen of these. I didn't think it was as insubstantial as some here have said. I didn't expect to think much of it but did. Really nice flavor. This has become the go-to session beer for my friends and me. Makes me want to try other kolsches.

3.18/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

4.5/5  rDev +33.1%