Saison De Beaver-Sour Version | Beaver Brewing Company

beaverbrewingcompany.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by Hojaminbag on 06-09-2011

3.55/5  rDev 0%

This saison has a very hazy, fairly bright colored body with a billowing, white head. Retention and lacing are both pretty solid.

Light sour notes and light fruit mix with a little bit of a peppery flavor.

This saison is definitely sour, and it is probably the biggest flavor, but it isn't powerful, overwhelming, or puckering in the least bit. A light, lactic sourness that has the faint taste of lemon is how the sourness expresses itself. Some light malt and a little bit of peppery yeast round things out.

The body is light and the carbonation fairly high, but the mouthfeel is nowhere near the expansive, highly carbonated feel that is the standard for saisons.

Not bad at all, I liked this one better than the normal version. Growler fills at the brewery ranged between 6-10 bucks, and that's worth at least giving one of these beers a try.

4.44/5  rDev 0%

Not very appealling from the look. Very cloudy and looks like you are drinking fog but the brewer explained that is how it is supposed to look, still not what I like. This reminded me of a good smelling Heiniken which is strange.

The taste was surprisingly good. This is my first sour but I really liked it, something different.

Highly carbonated, I like the regular Saison better. I think they are only doing one batch of this. 1 is really good, more than that is too much for me.

Saison De Beaver-Sour Version from Beaver Brewing Company