Elevated IPA | La Cumbre Brewing Co.

Elevated IPAElevated IPA

La Cumbre Brewing Co.
New Mexico, United States
lacumbrebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Did someone ask for hops? Tired of beers that promise a full lupulin experience, but never deliver more than richly malted bitterness? It’s no secret that this is what we excel at. We’ve been brewing world class IPAs for years. Our flagship is the culmination of a decades worth of studying and brewing. Take a step above and acclimate to what an IPA should be.

Added by jdense on 02-13-2011

Ratings: 1,415 |  Reviews: 218

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

3.5/5  rDev -19.2%

4.73/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Appearance- Golden amber with a one finger head produced.

Aroma- Sweet bread malts with some floral hop notes.

Taste- With the first sip there is big hop explosion yielding big grapefruit and citrus flavors, which is then followed by pine and pineapple flavors that help bring out a bitter punch. Definitely feeling the 100 ibus, which I cant say for every 100 ibu beer, but this isn't unpleasant by any means and it subsides very quickly. A slight cracker malt helps to try and balance this, which is enough for me.

Mouthfeel- Bitter but smooth, very drinkable, and plenty of carbonation present on the finish.

Overall- This is easily one of the best ipas I've tried, if not the best. I would have to give my reigning number #1 another try, but that probably won't happen for a while. Overall, an amazing beer with big tropical/grapefruit flavors that makes me want more and more. Without saying it should be clear I highly recommend this and I hope I can get my hands on more of this soon.

4.57/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This beer totally surprised me, and I was expecting good. I'm not exactly sure how fresh the cans were, but they were fresh enough. I'd safely call this Heady-lite. As close as I've had in a while with just a little less of a great finish. (which the finish could have been freshness related).

I recommend this beer a lot in my very informal review, cheers. Will be seeking more out.

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%

Elevated IPA from La Cumbre Brewing Co.