Oak Aged Zaison | Brewery Vivant

3.83 w/ 5 ratings

Brewery Vivant
breweryvivant.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by GRPunk on 05-20-2011

Liked:
3.83/5
Alströms:

3.67/5  rDev -4.2%

On-tap poured into a chalice.

A- Little-to-no head or stick. Hazy golden body with light carbonation is pleasant to see. If it was poured anywhere but the brewery, I might give a bit more of a "pass."

S- Mostly woody and peppery notes. As saisons go it's pretty good, just lacking a bit for something that's gone through oak aging.

T- Very fruity. An unexpected berry-like quality. A little woody. Solid, peppery flavor. Definitely pick up some alcohol.

M- A good hit of acohol. Overall, pretty smooth.

O- It's a pretty good sipper. I'm not sure what the oak aging has done for this beer. I know a lot of breweries are putting a ton of stuff on/in oak these days. I don't know that it added anything to this beer. If I was to side-by-side it with the regular Zaison, I will re-review. Right now it comes off as good, not great.

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%