Helter Spelter | Brewery Vivant

3.77/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

64 ounce growler
Served in a tulip glass

A - It has a golden color and clear. I got about an inch of off-white head.

S - It has a green apple smell to it. Actually, it is almost like apple juice. I also get some grain and metal.

T - The taste has that green apple thing going. I also notice some sour grain and a little bit of a metallic taste.

M - Moderate with low carbonation.

O - This beer is made with spelt. I guess that metal would be the earthy aspect that spelt brings to the beer. I like the tartness. It is not one of there best beers but it is affordable and pretty decent.

3.75/5  rDev +5%

3.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz draft at the Brewery Vivant.

A- pours a golden-amber color with minimal head, but a nice ring of foam around the glass edge and some pretty lacing to go with it.

S- the nose was very faint, but I detected notes of sour earthy maltiness.

T- facinating flavor. Slightly tart, nice balance between hops and malt, clean and dry finish. The spelt yields an interesting, indescribable flavor.

M- thin, light, and clear.

O- very interesting brew. Just the right amount of tartness with a complex mix of other flavors. I enjoyed it.

Helter Spelter from Brewery Vivant