Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Beaver Stubble Stout | Big Beaver Brewing Co.

3.67/5

Added by claytong on 03-14-2011

Reviews by Oxymoron:
2.5/5  rDev -31.9%

4.5/5  rDev +22.6%

I'm not a beer snob, like many of the people I see reviewing beers, but I do know what I like. And I really like this stout! It pours with a rich, creamy head and tastes absolutely wonderful. The higher alcohol content doesn't overpower the taste and it's easy to drink several of these.

3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

3.75/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

3.95/5  rDev +7.6%

Reviewed at home from a growler (courtesy of #4). Poured a nice dark brown color with a moderate tan head. Aromas of coffee, roasted malt and bitter chocolate. On the palate, this one was medium bodied, thinner than it did on tap, with flavors of roasted malt, coffee and dark chocolate.

3.75/5  rDev +2.2%

Heres what the brewer had to say, I personally think for a lighter stout its nice but he seems to exaggerate here...
The malt and hops combine to generate coffee notes and a creamy toasty finish. If there is a nicer stout out there , I would love to know about it. I do not like to tout my horn but this is one of nicest stouts you will come across.

2.81/5  rDev -23.4%

Pours dark brown with a khaki head.A roasty aroma filled with a touch of some chocolate and coffee. Flavor followed suit. Both were a bit disapointing, A medium body, creamy. Overall, not the most impressive stout and not one of their better beers. Would not bother with this one again.

3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

Everything about this beer is fantastic. With the hints of roast and coffee it leaves a rich mouth feel and light notes of coffee at the finish. The appearance is dark in color which I love. This beer is my favorite stout, ever. I will be enjoying the growler I bought it of tonight!

Beaver Stubble Stout from Big Beaver Brewing Co.