White Rajah | The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works
Ohio, United States
thebrewkettle.com

Style: American IPA

A West Coast style IPA full of citrus-like and tropical fruit like hop flavor and aroma with an assertive yet smooth bitter finish....malt, take a back seat please

Added by jampics2 on 10-18-2010

#540
Liked:
4.3/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,291 |  Reviews: 411

4.31/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

poured 12oz bottle (no date) into imperial pint glass with a 2 finger white head that left some nice lacing on the glass. Color of the beer is a clear light golden.

Aroma - citrus/grapefruit, pine

Taste - some citrus fruits, a bit of malty sweetness to balance out the big hop bite,nice bitter finish

mouthfeel - medium carb and body

overall -a very good IPA and glad I picked up a sixer when I was in Ohio. I don't imagine that I would drink it too much given the price point (11.99 / sixer ) if I had easy access to it, but it would definitely be a nice treat and I could see buying it several times a year.

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

4.55/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Ohio has some heavy hitters in the world of the IPA: Fat Head's Head Hunter, Columbus' IPA, and The Brew Kettle's White Rajah. Each year when I return for Christmas or summer to visit my family I change my favorite. This past summer the beer that impressed me the most was The Brew Kettle's White Rajah.

Its nose is citrusy, I detect grapefruit. Its malt character helps balance the bittering from the hops, but the finish is extremely dry. White Rajah has a medium body and solid carbonation which help to showcase a perfect amount of hops and sweetness. Speaking of hops it seems like White Rajah has a few hop varieities; it kills it with Citra and Centennial (for sure) and one midwestern variety: Summit (I had to Google this, was not sure at first).

If you live in the area or have access to this beer, then buy it and you will not be disappointed. It is the best suggestion I have come across on BeerAdvocate. Probst!

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.35/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

White Rajah

Look 8/10
Smell 17/20
Taste 37/40
Feel 8/10
Drinkability 17/20

Overall 87/100

Refreshing full bodied IPA, big bodied and bold. Dry and bitter upfront and citrus and a touch sour on the finish. One of Cleveland's finest IPA, although I did a head to gead with Head Hunter... Have to give it Fat Heads the title. White Rajah is a better value~

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%