White Rajah | The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works

The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works
Ohio, United States
thebrewkettle.com

Style: American IPA

A West Coast style IPA full of citrus-like and tropical fruit like hop flavor and aroma with an assertive yet smooth bitter finish....malt, take a back seat please

Added by jampics2 on 10-18-2010

Ratings: 2,289 |  Reviews: 410

I finally found this on the shelves of one of my local shops. A 12oz. bottle poured into my DFH sniffer. Smells like 5-Alive fruit punch. Wow, this might be the best IPA I have ever tasted. This is a dry, bitter, citrus bomb. Loads of grapefruit and mango. No trace of the 7% ABV, very well hidden. This is a world class IPA.

To me, this is a perfect IPA. The citrusy aroma and flavor are incredible. It's not what I would call a "balanced beer" and that's exactly what I want in an IPA! If I want a malty beer, I'll drink a stout or scotch ale. Don't get me wrong, the malt is there, but it's juuuust there enough. The hops are the star here.
If I have to dock it on one thing, it's the label. Silly I know, but the label sucks. If I didn't know this beer was great already, I'd be thrown off by the UK and US flag combo, thinking that it meant a blend of US and UK hops, which thankfully isn't the case! All west coast style IPA, all the way! Love the CITRA!

White Rajah from The Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse / Production Works