Glasswork Mosaic IPA

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 8 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by beerthulhu:
beerthulhu from New Jersey

4.28/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Light orange color, thin head, quickly lapses, leaving clean walls on the vessel. Very softly carbonated.

S: The aroma literally jumps out of the glass to your nose at a great distance. Perfumy, soft hop flowers has a distinct scent of mangoes, peaches and stone fruit, bursting from the glass. Soft enticing wet flowers, oranges, tropical notes of fresh and fruity pineapple and guava. Very well balanced and presented. The true highlight of the beer.

T: The flavor was equally impressive, bursting with fresh wet peaches, mango fruitiness. Wet flowery hop cones, dripping with tropical scents of semi-dry pineapple clearly does not disappoint.

M: Sticky resins on the tongue, sweet and juicy feel. Softly carbonated.

O: Overall very impressive nose and flavor aspect, deserving of a outstanding and worthy rating and recommendation, and that says a lot coming from someone who experienced their fair share of ipa's, and thought he'd seen it all. Perfumy aroma and whirlpool hops jump right out of the glass to your nose and tongue with eager anticipation.

Aug 22, 2019
Thankin_Hank from Texas

4.61/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Looks good in this nice aluminum can. The recommended way to consume. The hop aroma from the can is awesome and undeniably IPA. The taste smooth and a wonderful celebration of hops. The resin lingering on the tongue is remarkable. This is some very easy drinking beer. It's got a fabulous mouthfeel. I'm tasting citrus now. This is IPA lovers to behold. Overall this fills the bill for a great IPA. A REAL treat. Special thanks to @TheIPAHunter for these beauties. Fresh as canned on 08/19/19.

Sep 01, 2019
IdrinkGas from Pennsylvania

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

Aug 22, 2020
TheIPAHunter from Pennsylvania

4.45/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Beer reviews bore me. That said:

The pour is hybrid yellow mixed with gamboge; not enough to get a woman in menopause wet, but it's clean and refreshing enough to stimulate the senses. The scent of her mid-section clings tightly to my mind, while tiny bubbles of erotic thought lift in my presence. Pheromones of stone fruit, douglas fir, pine needle, bubblegum, tea leaf, and buttered wheat. Her mouth tastes like exotic cherry/strawberry bubblegum with a flavor that never dissipates, yet only goes stronger the tighter I hold her. Additional notes of mango, stone fruit, freshly squeezed OJ, dank oregano, rosebud, wet earth, and cumin. She lingers on my tongue, relaxing, not overbearing but reminding me that she oozes a syrupy, not thick, presence of prickly pine needles and medium carbonation. She goes down soft, chewy, and with plenty of lingering bitterness that makes me think the hop cone was squeezed directly from her hand straight into my glass. Maybe it wasn't real, maybe I woke up one day and imagined myself trapped in a bed of hop needles, incessantly revived by the bitter extract that keeps us all coming back for more.

"They love to hear the story of how it all started...
the IPAs that I'm drinking wasn't popped yet
before there was an audience to watch him (Hunter)...
I assure you, there was a process."

LARRRGE...

Aug 21, 2019
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

4.16/5  rDev -3.9%

I am nearing my demarcation with St. Boniface since they feel CANpelled to CANment on my reviews & check-ins. I don't care if I am a local beerlebrity, I don't need any brewery's feedback. The CANQuest (tm) is beholden to no one & I calls 'em as I sees 'em as a result. There may be a few more in the backlog here at Chez Woody & I will get to them in due time, but for now, I am not planning to buy any more of their beers until everything else has been opened, drank, reviewed & rated (& that may take a while!).

From the CAN: "Brewed with Mosaic & Falconer's Flight".

I Crack!ed open the vent & beCAN a slow, gentle C-Line Glug into the awaiting glass. I was pleasantly surprised by the quick formation of two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, French Vanilla-colored head that evinced very good retention. Color was Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity, calling forth The Gelt Gang of Midas, Croesus & Mammon for a taste. Nose was predominantly pineapple with some other tropical fruits. Hmm. Mouthfeel was full & creamy, big for the style. Nice. The flavors opened slowly in my mouth & on my tongue, beginning with a boatload of tropical fruit flavors, including pineapple, mango, guava & passionfruit, but as it warmed, I got a blast of cool pine mintiness. Mmm.

Jul 13, 2019
jmdrpi from Pennsylvania

4.08/5  rDev -5.8%

on draft at the brewery, served in shaker pint glass

fairly clear, medium golden in color, bone white head. nice strong, pleasant, well rounded hop aroma. a bit fruity, a bit dank. taste highlights those flavors, some mild pale malt flavor, medium bitterness, crisp. thin to medium bodied.

Oct 13, 2019
DIM from Pennsylvania

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sep 10, 2018
lobos62 from Pennsylvania

4.33/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Sep 21, 2018