Belgian Wit | St. Boniface Craft Brewing Company

Availability: Summer

Added by JWU on 08-07-2011

Reviews by JWU:
3.93/5  rDev +1.6%

growler fill direct from St. Boniface on 8/6/2011.

a new offering from St. Boniface, their Witbier fermented

A; Really beautiful for a witbier. Dense, tight, bright white head that really sticks around.

S: Banana, a bit of the bubble gum you get out of a German Hefe, and you can detect the Belgian yeast if you really are looking for it.

T- Wow. I'm not a nut about wheat's, but this one really tickles my fancy. You get the tart funk of the Belgian yeast up front, it's a bit sharp on the palette, it transitions to the banana/bubble gum note that you expect out of a Hefe/wit, but what I think is extraordinary out of this one is the straightforward malt note that closes it. That part really differentiates it from most wits.

M- a very fine carbonation. The sharpness I referred to it the only part I really don't like, and it really impacts the mouthfeel of this one. It sticks around, almost a tinge sour, or possibly metallic. Dryer that most witbiers as well.

O- I really enjoy this quite a bit. It brings something totally different that most Hefe/Witbiers, being fermented with the Belgian yeast. Very drinkable, and I certainly hope they keep this one on a regular rotation. St. Boniface has really impressed me with their offerings thus far!

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%