Chocolate Porter | Small Town Brewery

Small Town Brewery
Illinois, United States
smalltownbrewery.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by TMoney2591 on 06-10-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.97/5  rDev 0%

Served in a shaker pint glass at the Mundelein Craft Beer Fest.

It's been far too long since my last Small Town beer, so I'm gonna savor this, my last selection of the day. It pours a dark and seemingly-murky black-brown topped by a half-finger of khaki foam. The nose comprises cocoa, mild roasted malts, and a bit of toasted pumpernickel. The taste brings in more of the same, with the cocoa emphasized and the bread downgraded to hardly there. It's a simple formula, but it's a tasty and effective one. The body is a lithe medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a smooth feel. Overall, a very nice beer, one I could easily see catch on around here with those beer fans (myself included) with a strong sweet tooth.

Chocolate Porter from Small Town Brewery