Palma Louca Pale Pilsner | Cervejaria Kaiser

kaiser.com.br

Style: German Pilsener

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 07-12-2003

4.56/5  rDev +76.7%

Light beer with mild hops and good malt taste.

4.05/5  rDev +57%

I tried this beer at Samba Brazilian Steakhouse in Madison.

It poured a nice light straw color, very little head. I think this was a very light pilsner - didn't really taste like others I've had. Very good though, I enjoyed this beer a lot. Good tasting, light bodied beer. I could have drank several of these but I wanted to try a few others.

4.02/5  rDev +55.8%

I really liked this beer. I was expecting something watery with no depth, but once again, I was wrong. It had a very distinc smell, nothing like I had smelled before. I couldn't really explain it, but it was definately different than anything I had ever smelled. The color was similar to any big american beer, simple and light yellow. The taste was more of a deep taste, like a darker beer, which was a big surprise to me. It didn't really have that much of a coating effect on the palate, but it did refresh the tastebuds. It may be my new fav cheap beer.

3.91/5  rDev +51.6%

My first Brazilian beer - and it was a good one.

I was impressed with the strong scents of cinnamon, coriander, and spice that came out in the beer as well - they all really mixed good. I'm partial to pilsners so I was happy to come across this brew. The beer was crisp and light, but it has a punch to it as well. Overall, it was very good, so good, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it in the future.

3.63/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.53/5  rDev +36.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This pilsner poured a light clear yellow with very little foam and some lace on the side of my glass. The smell of mild hops and the aroma of spice was evident. The taste was different. It tasted of mild hops, but I could pick up a taste like, corriander. Again, a different taste that any pilsner I've tasted before.

3.51/5  rDev +36%

I'm really digging this wild palm...nice drinkability with a full bodied finish. Pretty decent for a light brew.

3.48/5  rDev +34.9%

Darker then average for the style. Dark gold not dark in color. Decent tight white head. Low aroma-sort of grainy. Somewhat bitter flavor. Mellow grain like flavor with a touch of residual sweetness. Decent enough body. Fairly drinkable-I would liken it to a macro more then a German pils. Definate hot weather beer. Not sure what a six pack would run but its a good enough effort for sure.

3.44/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.39/5  rDev +31.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

The beer pours a pale yellow color with a thick frothy white head that slowly fades to lacing. The aroma is decent. It has a light pale malt scent with a dry and slightly musty lager yeast aroma. The taste is decent as well. It has a smooth pale malt flavor that goes down easy and finishes dry and bitter slightly musty lager yeast taste. The mouthfeel is average. It is a low bodied beer with adequate/good carbonation. This is a pretty damn good lager. It's light and refreshing with a solid flavor. As far as lagers go, this is a good one.

3.32/5  rDev +28.7%

Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. Has a pale yellow color with a small head. Smell is of malts, a bit sweet. Taste is crisp, some sweetness, fairly light. Feels light in the mouth and is highly drinkable, especially in warmer weather. Overall this is a fairly decent brew.

3.31/5  rDev +28.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.25/5  rDev +26%