Palma Louca Pale Pilsner | Cervejaria Kaiser

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 07-12-2003

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 129 | Ratings: 262
2.75/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Purchased this today in Knoxville, Tn, at the Leaf and Ale, where I bought several unusual brews I had never tried. Tennessee prohibits sale of any beer 6.0% or above, except in liquor stores, and the Leaf and Ale is a beer shop so here goes. This 12 oz brown bottle(no freshness date) pours out a light yellow color, with a thin white head that lasts 8 seconds. No lacing. Nothing on the nose, other than some notes of malt and maybe some hops. Mouthfeel is dry and carbonated, even a bit crisp. Taste is reminiscent of a nearly flat Miller High Life. Faint taste of popcorn is the only thing I can describe.

Drinkable perhaps, and nothing really bad here. I just don't find anything about "Brazil's Premium Pilsen" to recommend it, other than it being from Brazil.

2.07/5  rDev -18.5%

12 oz brown long neck bottle with a bottled on date on the label.

Appearance: Sparkling brilliant yellowish clarity with a lace that holds together quite well.

Smell: Starchy, metallic, apple skin and mild cooked veggies show some off aromas. Nothing horrible but not something I’d expect in a lager.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Bitty mouth feel, light bodied. Skimpy on the malt and not much there for hops. The lazy crispness does nothing for me at all. Cooked corn and steely malt that lands on the palate in a metallic kind of way. Finishes with a very odd sweetness.

Notes: This is the kind of beer, in my opinion, that does not need to be exported to the US. Thank you but we have enough bland and odd tasting lagers in the US right now.

1.83/5  rDev -28%

Pours a clear yellow color with no head. A few large carbonation bubbles were present, but overall the beer looked flat. The aroma was soapy. The taste detected some malt, but an overall grassy flavor was dominant. Very little bitterness.

The mouthfeel was dry, and no crispness was detected like with most pilsners. Aftertaste was almost non-existant. Not impressed at all with this and is clearly one of the poorer pilsners I have tried.

4.02/5  rDev +58.3%

I really liked this beer. I was expecting something watery with no depth, but once again, I was wrong. It had a very distinc smell, nothing like I had smelled before. I couldn't really explain it, but it was definately different than anything I had ever smelled. The color was similar to any big american beer, simple and light yellow. The taste was more of a deep taste, like a darker beer, which was a big surprise to me. It didn't really have that much of a coating effect on the palate, but it did refresh the tastebuds. It may be my new fav cheap beer.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last