Bavaria | Cervejaria Kaiser

2.5

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 26 | Ratings: 34
3.16/5  rDev +26.4%

A thin but refreshing beer. Not much of a head. If its a hot day and the A Marca Bavaria is cold its refreshing. It has a resonable taste. Not offensive. It is certainly easy to swallow 'cause there is no aftertaste to speak of. Nothing really special. Its the kind of a beer that you are not going to serve but you wouldn't mind drinking it if it were offered to you.

2.35/5  rDev -6%

Even though it's cheap crap, it's pretty good for cheap crap. Pale, almost clear colouration. Sort of like looking through a cheap pair of sunglasses. Small head, but it left rims of lace around my mug. Slight skunk smell. No surprise, it is a clear bottle. Sweet smell, very malt dominant. Sweet, refreshing taste at first, followed by sour patch candy.. Somewhat citrusy, but with more lime and even oranges and grapefruit than lemon. No bitter aftertaste. In fact, no aftertaste whatsoever. After the swallow, any indication that their was something liquid in your mouth is gone. Typical thin mouthfeel. Slight crispness. It's drinkable as a cheap session beer, but not a beer to be enjoyed for greatness. I was happy I tried this. Expecting a Corona ripoff, I was pleasantly surprised that this was good.

3.1/5  rDev +24%

Tried this on the weekend. It was served very cold and went down nice and easy. Unfortuantely when a beer is served cold it is usually trying to hide it's poor quality.

It remined me of corona right off the bat , but it had a much more fruity taste to it. Superior to Corona but still a run of the mill yellow fizz.

Even a great marketing capmaign can't hide the fact this is a mass produced weak beer. But, still not a bad cheap refresher for the summer months.

Better than Corona.

3.3/5  rDev +32%

--I decided to drink this one out of the bottle, strictly for the 'added lime wedge' taste. Like 49degree said in his review, I tried the first sips without the lime wedge. To me it tasted similar to Corona...similar but better.
I must admit that the first thing that attracted me to it was the television ads featuring a bikini clad girl!!! I could see me and the boys sitting on an outdoor patio on a hot summer day. They usually make me order first and they then follow suit. I will make them order their rounds of Corona and then I will slip in a Bavaria. I can see their faces now.
Anyway...this was a nice beer that I will drink again on a hot day.
Thx

3.8/5  rDev +52%

On March 13, 2003, Molson Inc began importing A Marca Bavaria into Canada. Having purchased the Brazilian brewery in 2002, Molson has now set its sights onto extensive market penetration with this brew aiming it for a Top 5 position within the Canadian import brew market.

Since the Bavaria's Canadian debut just over a month ago, this brew has become a hot property throughout the local bar scene thanks to a hearty advertising budget, strong promotion, and setting itself directly in the face of all those Corona drinkers.

I've never been a fan of Corona, and while Bavaria offers little more in that brewing style, it does far outshine Corona's offering. Served in a clear embossed bottle with a heavy weight neck label that wraps up over the cap (and gets in the way when drinking, so be sure to rip the label back) after you're served. As expected, it Includes the perverbial lime wedge jammed in the top.

I pulled the lime to take a few sips and was pleasantly surprised. Clear, clean and refreshing, quite fruity in flavor (but lime remnants probably aided in this arena) and well rounded malt blend. Thankfully, this one isn't plagued by the skunkiness often found in Corona. Staying in tune with what the night was about, I jammed the lime into the bottle, did a traditional bottle flip and slammed back the rest. It worked rather well -- far better than a lime masked Corona.

While not a particularly stunning beer, I can certainly picture this as being an easy drinking session beer in the hot summer months, or when hanging with friends looking for something pretty standard for all those 'macro-beer' drinking friends that I'm still slowly converting from the "dark side."

[ STATS:>> 12 oz bottle / ABV: 4.5 % / PRICE: $ 3.50 CDN ~ $ 2.55 USD ]

I find this to be a very nice brew and it would make a nice addition to my beer cellar(if I had one).A mid golden hue and very clear with a thick head of large bubbles. The nose is yeasty but not overpowering. The body is medium and the taste well balanced and smooth.
The only knock I have on this brew, other than its packaging(clear bottle) is that the taste is short lived.
I liked it...recomended.