Love Buzz Saison | Anchorage Brewing Company

Anchorage Brewing Company
Alaska, United States
anchoragebrewingcompany.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Ale brewed with Hobbs Family rose hips, peppercorns, and fresh orange peels. Dry-hopped in the barrel with Citra hops. Second fermentation in Pinot Noir barrels.

Added by daveytheformer on 09-04-2011

I can't praise this beer enough. My absolute favorite. Tastes as advertised, complexity comes in waves. Different aspects shine through as the beer warms or is swished in the mouth, or as the aftertaste is appreciated rolling the tongue between the gums and cheeks. I've shared every bottle I've had, and I inevitably wish I had opened and warmed another as the bottle nears its finish.

Cheers to Anchorage for doing everything right.

A: Cloudy orange leans towards pink (think pink grapefruit juice). Voluminous head if not poured carefully.

S: Citrus, rose, wine, floral hops

T: Wonderful complexity, ventures far from a typical saison. Follows smell with the addition of oak and light funk

M: Brilliant sediment, silky, bubbling

O: My not deliver if expecting normal saison qualities, but I'm in love

3.75/5  rDev -11.6%

4.75/5  rDev +12%

4.31/5  rDev +1.7%

750ml bottle that I shared with my friend, Keelan. These Anchorage beers aren’t cheap but if the rest are like this one, I am up for moer. Orange-yellow color, small but visible head and a bit of lace. The nose is really incredible in how intriguing it is. I knew right away I liked it but I just have to keep inhaling away to try and figure out what I smell. This beer sets the standard for complex aromas. Its sort of perfume, candy, a touch of brett hiding in the back, slightly earthy, slight touch of alcohol. After reading the bottle it came to me. It's the rose hips. The taste is pretty damn crazy too, funky with sweet, sour, and bitter all in equal portions. Unique. Surprisingly pleasant. This one is fit for a very special occasion.

4.36/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Batch 1 poured into a KtG tulip

A- pours with a orange/amber color with a slight red hue in the middle and a frothy thick head, good looking beer!

S- this is where the age makes its appearance as there is nothing but brett here; pineapple, hay/barnyard, nothing else..all brett

T-The brett obviously shines through first with some pineapple, hay, funk then there's a bit of a vinous tang, finishes floral and more brett; its been soo long since ive had it fresh that I do forget a bit what it was like, but I like how the brett has developed in this beer.

M- dry, crisp while still remaining some semblance of a body

O- Fantastic beer and age has really allowed the Brett to develop into something nice, but I think any further and the light wine notes that are still present may no longer linger. Drink Up!

4.27/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Picked up a bottle in NY and was excited to try.
Pours a big head that lingers
Smells of light citrus (orange/lemon)
Taste has similar citrus with a tiny bit of the Noir bottles shining through.
Overall a beer you want on a summer evening and would buy again

Love Buzz Saison from Anchorage Brewing Company