Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Galaxy White IPA | Anchorage Brewing Company

Anchorage Brewing Company
Alaska, United States
anchoragebrewingcompany.com

Style: Belgian IPA

White IPA brewed w/ 100% Galaxy hops, kumquats, corriander & peppercorns. Fermented in French Oak Foudres. Bottle Conditioned w/ Brett.

Added by Jason on 01-09-2012

4.01/5  rDev -0.2%

Caged and corked 750mL bottle pours with a pale yet bright gold body with faint haze supporting a tall densely cobwebed white head of foam. The aroma offers up lime, tangerine, grapefruit and a sour lime sort of wild yeastiness. The taste has a very effervescent quality and it is so much so it is tough to sink you teeth into the experience. I’m getting fruity and tart grapefruit notes that are sliding into lime like citrus and some citrusy tartness. Pretty nice but the huge carbonation detracts from the experience.

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

750ML bottle
Served in a tulip glass
Batch #3 Aug/2012

A - It is pretty pale in color. I would call it straw. It is hazy. Each pour gives me a mountain of champagne-like bubbles.

S - I get some white wine aromas and some brett. Hell, I even notice some of the coriander.

T - The taste is vinous at first. Then I get a little funk. Some alcohol and coriander creep in at the end.

M - Medium with a boatload of carbonation.

O - I read the bottle, and it sounded great. I poured the bottle, and it looked great. I tasted the beer, and it was pretty darn good. I really like everything about this beer, except that I only purchased one bottle.

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%