Turbo Hog | New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House

Added by TwelveOunces on 08-25-2012

3.6

3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

3.62/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served at the brewhouse in a pint glass
This beer had 85 IBU's if I remember correctly
This is my first malt liquor outside of the big brand ones.

This beer pours clear dark amber with a slight off white head. Some alcohol legs on the glass. The nose of this beer is fairly malty but has a nice hop aroma. A little bit of citrus and astringency. I was expecting this to me more along the lines of a DIPA. The taste of the beer was really malty. It had a lot of toffee flavors, some caramel. It also had a malt flavor that I seem to get in some of my home brews which was less then pleasant. This is a big chewy beer. Not as thick as some barleywines or stouts but quite a monster and I glad I only go 8 oz of it. The big feel of the beer did a good job disguising the alcohol taste and feel.
Overall this was good enough to try, makes it easy to see why malt liquor isn't popular among craft beer.

3.75/5  rDev +4.2%