Floyd | The Barber Shop

Awaiting More Ratings

The Barber Shop
Texas, United States

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by t0rin0 on 10-18-2011

Reviews by t0rin0:
3.26/5  rDev 0%

Sampled 10/10/2011 at the brewery.

Pours dark gold/brown, clear, fluffy white head, great lacing and retention. Loses points only for being so dark.

Aroma is floral, honeydew melon, some citrus, and unfortunately a bit of rubber.

Flavor has all the fruity and intense characteristics of the aroma but also some rubber and a chemical quality. There is a lot of great flavor mixed with some terrible flavor that balanaces out to a mediocre score sadly. Re-examine your brewing (probably fermentation) procedure and this could be a good beer as I think the hop combination is great.

Body is medium. Drinkable but better cold.

Ƭίcƙ.

On a side note I was inspired to look up Floyd the Barber since I've seen the reference a few times (the one that stands out the most is the Nirvana song on their first album). I learned that Floyd was Andy Griffith's barber in the tv show. I guess the character was based on a real person and the guy is still alive and cutting hair somewhere.

3/5  rDev 0%