Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier | Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan

Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
Germany
weihenstephaner.de

Style: Hefeweizen

Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-poured white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time,goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

Added by stirgy on 01-22-2001

#225

Ratings: 8,569 |  Reviews: 2,574

4.75/5  rDev +7.7%

This is my favorite style and the best beer I've ever tasted. On tap or in bottle, sheer perfection.

4.95/5  rDev +12.2%

A A hazy yellow, orange color with a 3 inch head. A mass of carbonation flowing to the top of the glass. Leaving a beautiful lacing all around the glass as I drink poured into a Dry Dock Hefe glass.
S Bananas, Clove a nice slight bubblegum and a bready like maltiness with a minimal citrus hop aroma..
T Banana, Clove, biscuit malts, bubblegum wonderful taste going on here.
M Highly carbonated and easy drinking has champagne like mouthfeel with a nice clean finish. Lingering banana, clove on the finish..
O A fantastic Hefe all around, one of the best Hefes on the market. I can see why they have been producing beer for ages. If you have never had it I suggest trying it out it is well worth it....

Cheers

4.38/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Golden colored, cloudy, and with lots of carbonation. I got a two finger creamy and rich looking pure white head. The retention was superb as it lasted till the end. This beer is absolutely stunning in my Weizen glass.
Mostly what I smell in the beginning are those fruity ester aromas from the yeast, mainly it's banana. I also detect cereal grain/biscuit that adds a balance to the sweet fruit. I'm also picking up a hint of lemon.
Initially I taste some earthy/herbal hop flavors followed by biscuits and and those yeast esters which again remind me of banana. Like the aroma it finishes with a lemon zest.
It's medium bodied and is noticeably smooth especially when you consider the level of carbonation. Hops give way to the malts and yeast and finally there is a citrus finish, making this one interesting beer.
What a fantastic beer to enjoy while I sit here and watch football. I could see having this in about any scenario or season. The price was great too for the quality of this well known world. Lass beer. I paid 2.99 for a pint. I'll do that again for sure.

3.75/5  rDev -15%

4.3/5  rDev -2.5%

4.75/5  rDev +7.7%

4.26/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: Pours a hazy, yellow/orange with four fingers of fluffy, white head. Good laceing, head resembles meringue.

Smell: Nice mix of hops, citrus and bready malts. I get some clove and banana as well.

Taste: Grains and hops. nice citrus notes. Slightly boozy towards the end

Mouthfeel: Very smooth, with more body than any other hefe i have tried. Very nice

Overall: Lives up to its reputation.

3.68/5  rDev -16.6%

500 ml poured into weizen, intense carbonation, four finger soapy head

Smells: yeasty, wheat, and a tinge of fruit

Taste: banana, bubblegum, cloves, and the booze

Mouthfeel: Bubbly, a champagne like experience.

Overall, this is a good beer, but I would not say it is the best hefeweizen that I have ever had.
I would not go out of my way to have this beer again any time soon.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier from Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan