The Little Guy | Calfkiller Brewing Company

Calfkiller Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States
calfkillerbeer.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by sommersb on 08-18-2012

Freshness: Unknown
Packaging: Growler
Glassware: Weizen glass
Purchased: Filled at Whole Foods, Nashville

Medium-dark golden in color on this clear brew. The white head stands a couple of fingers high and has a good amount of lace and retention.

Aromas seem lager-like, with pilsner malts, grass and hay, followed by a light citrus fruitiness. Somewhat sweet aroma.

The taste has a pale grain character, balanced well between a light hoppiness and slight sweetness.

Average carbonation on a light body. The aftertaste has a floral hop flavor.

Overall this is a fairly light and delicate beer with a good flavor. I wasn't sure what to call it, but a blonde or cream ale seemed appropriate. I know Calfkiller doesn't really brew to a certain style, so there you go...but I can tell you it is not a hefeweizen, which is what the lady at Whole Foods said it was.

3.73/5  rDev +2.2%

I really enjoy this beer quite a bit. I work at a beer store here in Murfreesboro,TN and we are lucky enough to have many Calf Killer brews on tap. This is an exquisite blonde ale that I really can't get enough of. I tend to buy a half gallon of this just about every other night.

3.13/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%