The Corruption | DC Brau Brewing Co.

The CorruptionThe Corruption

DC Brau Brewing Co.
District of Columbia, United States
dcbrau.com

Style: American IPA

The Corruption™ IPA is DC Brau's take on a Pacific Northwest IPA. Brewed with Pale 2 row, C-10, Honey and Victory malts. Exclusively hopped with 40 lbs of Columbus hops per brew to ring in at 80 IBU. "The Corruption" comes in at 6.5% ABV. This beer straddle's the line between IPA and Imperial IPA and has a supportive malty backbone with an assertive hop presence that smacks your mouth with a dank, resinous bitterness followed by pleasant aroma's of pine sap and burnt spruce.

Added by akorsak on 05-21-2011

Ratings: 1,220 |  Reviews: 202

3.25/5  rDev -15.8%

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

3.44/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a can with no dating on it from what I can tell into a DC Brau can glass.

Pours a rocky seafoam looking head that lasted the entire glass on top of medium amber hued body. Very nice looking IPA.

Huge pine notes dancing around some herbal smell I can't put my finger on. Not my favorite smelling IPA, hoping the taste picks something a bit nicer.

Taste is just about the same. Bitter outweighing the pretty sizable malt backbone on this which is a feat. Can't say I'm surprised after reading the description of this beer from the brewer, I really don't love Columbus hops as the primary hop variety. Meh.

Can't say I'd seek this out again, it's a mediocre IPA in a beer world with 100 better IPAs sitting on shelves.

3.99/5  rDev +3.4%

can-date: 4/7/14. pours a lovely golden copper hue with foamy off white head. a good lookin beer

nose: caramel candy, lavender, faint tropical fruitiness, traces of fresh pine

taste: sweet caramel malt and fruity hops with tangerine, guava, candied sugar, touch of floral/lavender? and lemon. decent bitterness turns quickly smooth and sweet on finish with lingering fruity notes and some pine spice

feel- smooth, sweet, juicy, fragrant

great beer! took this backpacking and it was a real treat. great profile, not super bitter but a nice drinker

3.82/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A: A very cloudy orange amber copper color. It yielded a nice one finger head with a moderately aggressive pour. Head was ecru with an ever so slight green tint. Left a nice lace.

S: Wierd. That's all I can say. Almost like seafoam or sandy. The hops that where there smelled faintly of pine and there was a light citrus smell. Not a robust aroma and somewhat weak.

T: Fairly good. Not top tier but not bad overall. Very easy to drink, pleasant but a little too much of a bitter aftertaste and a lack of strong hops. A good IPA I sip. This one I was taking larger sips.

M: Not very thick. Fairly easy to swallow. A little watery but pleasant nonetheless.

O: I was excited to try Corruption and it's been somewhat hard to find. I bought a single at a beer store. I won't say I was let down as my expectations for a DC beer weren't too high. I was pleased but not overwhelmed. This is a solid IPA, a good one, with some flaws. It could be better if not for a few niggling issues. I would purchase again, but not go out of my way. Would make a good go to, and maybe even a session. It's an easy to drink IPA. Better IPAs take me a while to drink. This one took me half the time. If I was at a party, I could see me drinking a six of this.

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

4.1/5  rDev +6.2%

Pours a clear copper with over a finger fluffy head that lingered for some time and left decent lace behind. The nose is delightfully hoppy. The flavor profile is well balanced with hearty malt and bitter hops blending together very well. The finish has a lingering hop bitterness that is reasonably potent for a single IPA.

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

The Corruption from DC Brau Brewing Co.