Threadless IPA | Finch Beer Co.

Threadless IPAThreadless IPA
Liked This Beer
3.57 w/ 597 ratings
Threadless IPAThreadless IPA

Finch Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
finchbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Our Threadless/Finch collaboration IPA is a balanced experience of both perceived hoppiness and true bitterness. It pours a darker amber color and finishes with a citrus flavor, and when combined, will require this to be the last IPA you ever drink! Well, maybe, we realize you will probably drink more, but the result of this recipe clearly evolves into a very balanced IPA. The grain bill on this big pale includes melanoidin and Victory malts. We hop it up before the boil starts with some Columbus first wort hopping, then add a bunch more for bittering.

Added by emerge077 on 06-22-2011

Liked:
3.57/5
Alströms:
3.9

2.75/5  rDev -23%

4.24/5  rDev +18.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Im really starting to enjoy beers in cans.
A-Looks great, I like an unfiltered beer with little tasty goodies floating around in it. Nice creamy head, beautiful deep golden color.
S-I absolutely love the smell. There is just something about a well balanced IPA that just does it for me. I get a huge wiff of malt, and then the hops slap you. Its quite nice.
T-Mmmm and then you taste it. My first reaction was wow, this is malty! A nice change from all the hop-overkill IPAs Ive had recently. I havent had a IPA like this in awhile. Its really great and I dont normally score beers this high. The Columbus hops are earthy and pungent and kinda dank. Maybe a little bit of pine. I dont get citrus, and I like that. The malts they chose compliment the hops and its such a good blend. A bitter, malty treat for sure.
M-This is one really smooth drinking beer. Creamy head and its like silk going down. Some might want a dryer or lighter IPA, but this ones a bit more full bodied, almost chewy. I love it. Its a rare thing for me to score a brew this high.
Overall, this is one killer, delicious beer. If you see it, grab it! You wont be disappointed. Beer in cans is great!

3.42/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Can > Pint Glass

A - Cloudy orange with half a finger of fizzy white head, no lacing.
S - Biscuit malt, caramels, sweet orange candy, pine, a little medicinal undertone
T - Big malty sweetness up front, then you get a medium piney bite, a weird aftertaste that I cant pinpoint.
M - Chewy and bitter
O - Decent but there's way better stuff out there.

3.5/5  rDev -2%

Threadless IPA from Finch Beer Co.
Beer rating: 41.4% out of 100 with 597 ratings