Fascist Pig Ale | Finch Beer Co.

Fascist Pig AleFascist Pig Ale
Liked This Beer
3.68 w/ 432 ratings
Fascist Pig AleFascist Pig Ale

Finch Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
finchbeer.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

A deep red malt-forward ale brewed with plenty of caramel malts and a touch of rye. Brewed and dry-hopped with Palisade and Zythos hops.

Added by emerge077 on 07-11-2012

Liked:
3.68/5
Alströms:

1.5/5  rDev -59.2%

1.5/5  rDev -59.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.97/5  rDev -46.5%

16 oz. can obtained on trade (thanks, Dr. Samisar!), dated "090214" on the bottom, poured into my large bottom The Bruery "Rue the Day" snifter glass, drank over 30 minutes

2.27/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Did not see a date on the can. Tasted like it was old. Did not like it much.

2.45/5  rDev -33.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.75/5  rDev -25.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a bomber into a pint glass. Aroma- A pretty good mix of malt and hops, this was the best part of the beer to me. Appearance- Pours an amber color. Large white head. Taste- Not a big fan a lot of malt and hops but I just didn’t get blown away by it. Palate- A medium bodied beer with moderate carbonation Overall- Not a fan of this beer, it just didn’t taste that good, I may have to give it another spin later on

2.78/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

A - Nice dark malty red color. Thick haze and floaters take the appearance down a notch.

S - Malty and rye, but not much else comes through.

T - Malty and bitter. It may be all in my head, but I think I can taste the can. I'm trying to embrace the resurgence in popularity of cans, but this beer may have set me back a bit.

O - My first Finch beer. Not a beer I will try again, especially for the price per 4 pack. I hope that Finch has something better to offer.

2.88/5  rDev -21.7%

16 oz can poured into a DFH snifter.

Pours a murky brown color with glop of sediment that dumps from the bottom of the can... I didn't see anywhere that this was supposed to be can-conditioned, so immediate alarm bells are going off. Chunks of particulate slowly settle to the bottom of the snifter. Completely unappealing.

Aroma is oxidized, cardboard, with remnants of caramel malt sweetness. First sip is quite sweet, but tastes quite oxidized as well. I get toffee, cardboard... it tastes a lot like an aged barleywine, but has a sharp bitter finish. Very thick and chewy mouthfeel, very sweet.

Could I have gotten a very old can? I really am not enjoying this beer, and a large part of that is visual / psychological. It's a sweet malt bomb with a very bitter finish.

2.9/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Served in an Innis and Gunn cervoise.

Man, I was hoping for some sort of bacon-flavored beer here... Oh, well, here we go: It pours a hazy amber-rust topped by a half-finger of dirty cream foam. The nose comprises ruby red grapefruit zest, husky grains, very light cocoa powder, stiff toffee, and somewhat mild pine sap. The taste holds notes of grapefruit peel, caramel, sour onions (I'm not sure how I got there, either, but the more I think about it, the more it sounds very right), huskier-than-before grains, and a stiff bitterness that pervades every square inch of the finish. Every sip leads to a bit of a wince in my demeanor, but this feeling luckily passes fairly quickly. The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a sorta dry finish. Overall, a decent beer at its heights, but a not-so-good one at most points that matter (you know, the ones that touch the tongue). Not my thing here.

2.92/5  rDev -20.7%

Fascist Pig Ale from Finch Beer Co.
Beer rating: 55.1% out of 100 with 432 ratings