Orion Mugi Shokunin | Orion Beer Co., Ltd.

Awaiting More Ratings

look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.62/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.5/5  rDev +8.4%

Chinese gold, very carbonated, filtered, 2 finger slightly yellow head that fades fast.

Smells of malt, pabst and offal, metallic.

Creamy, fresh, washed cottony linens, floral kind of taste that is smooth and finishes with a slight hop bitterness. Reminds me of the Sapporo.

Medium body, highly carbonated.

Overall, I like it. I came in expecting a pilsener type beer, and it made it to some Japanese cool beer I may have on occasion. It would go well with all an AA Lager would go with, and for the most part I would think of it as this, an AA Lager. But, it does have its Japanese charactaristics as described to the best of my ability in my taste section. Would also go well with Japanese.

3.5/5  rDev +8.4%

3.03/5  rDev -6.2%

Appearance: Clear, pale gold brew. Nice head for a Happoshu, very dense and pure white.

Smell: Mild malt aroma. Minor touch of hops.

Taste: Light malt flavor with only a hint of hops. Water is very evident. Fits the style though.

Mouthfeel: Very light body. Slightly acidic.

Drinkablity: I thought it was worth a try. I will not seek it out again though. Extremely light.

Orion Mugi Shokunin from Orion Beer Co., Ltd.