Thunder Ann | Jackalope Brewing Company

Thunder AnnThunder Ann

Jackalope Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States
jackalopebrew.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Thunder Ann came about after a massive google search trying to come up with a name that we thought could represent our American Pale Ale. That’s how we found out about a little lady name Sally Ann Thunder Ann Whirlwind Crockett. She was Davy Crockett’s wife (well, in the folklore, according to Wikipedia, he married someone named Mary) and she was a bad ass. Seriously. Look her up. We mulled it over and thought that Thunder Ann could also be a pretty great name for a beer.

Added by sommersb on 08-04-2012

4.66/5  rDev +26.3%

Very nice beer. Found under local brews category at The Beer Seller in Nashville.
Hazy color, beautiful amber color, mild head, sweet, hoppy but not flowery. Very nice beer

Slight rings down the glass as it empties. People addicted to the head (the part that you don't drink ) might complain, but dont let it bother you.
Hazyness reminds me of a homebrew, but a great homebrew. I highly recommend you try one if you have a chance to try.

4.62/5  rDev +25.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Look: Looks great. Pretty heady from it's malt contents, a nice amber-copper color depending on the light in the room.

Smell: The smell, at least for my average/not amazing nose, was pretty mild. The hops smelled overstated while the malts perhaps, a bit lacking.

Taste: I know Imperial Doubles, thick stouts, and hardcore IPA's get all the glory (with good reason I surmise for most of them.) For my tastes though, this balanced beer is about my favorite beer I've ever had. I like IPA's, but so many often lack anything to complement the abundance of hops. This beer could probably be hoppier for the true snobs--but the malty aftertaste that complements the hops, is the best thing I've ever found. I love it.

Feel: May be a bit coppery for some, perhaps lacking a hint of carbonation. I say that with a caveat though, I LOVE carbonation in my drinks--and I'm not bothered by the slightly lower than normal carbonation--because of the malt. It does everything for this beer.

Overall: My favorite beer (at the moment anyway.) I'll always come back for this one.

4.53/5  rDev +22.8%

4.43/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Something tropical in there gives it a unique transformation from sweet to bitter

4.38/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is an excellent example of a well balanced, flavorful and drinkable American Pale Ale.

4.3/5  rDev +16.5%

One of the best "sitting around a fire" beers you can get. Great for sessioning.

4.21/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Appearance - Hazy dark copper with a 1 inch head a little bit of lacing.
Smell - Sweet, citrus aroma (Grapefruit and orange) with a nice malt base.
Taste - Citrus hop flavor supported by subtle notes of pine hops with a nice malt finish. There is a lovely balance of bitter, sweet, and citrus that creates an easy drinking ale.
Mouthfeel - Medium body, medium carbonation.
Overall - Jackalope’s Thunder Ann is a wonderfully executed pale ale with a lot to offer. The balance of flavors not only make this a wonderful study in the style of pales, but also an easy drinking beer that is great sip after sip.

4.21/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.18/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.18/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.17/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.09/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.09/5  rDev +10.8%