Pearl Snap Pils | Austin Beerworks

austinbeerworks.com

Style: German Pilsener

Added by JonathanL7890 on 06-15-2011

4.88/5  rDev +26.4%

As a local Austinite my review seems relevant. I have savored a lot of local beers and Austin Pearl Snap is one of my favorites. Normally I am a fan of IPAs the Austing Pearl Snap is a great Pils but actually tastes very similar to an IPA. Please note that I am not a beer expert, just a regular beer customer.

4.75/5  rDev +23.1%

4.75/5  rDev +23.1%

4.67/5  rDev +21%

wonderful take on a classic Pilsner style lager. Best I've had from Texas. Saaz hoppiness rings true and clear. Clean finish, good astringency here. Nice off white head that quickly dissipates. Light straw color and light lace down the glass. Yum! Will buy again.

4.56/5  rDev +18.1%

A friend gave me a can of Pearl Snap at Blues on the Green yesterday. I think it is the best canned beer I've ever had. Really refreshing and delicious. And the can design looks great.

I really like Pilsners. Prima, Trumer have been my favorites, but I think I like this one more - it just seemed fresher and cleaner. I'll have to try them side by side to be sure.

Really happy to have great canned beer from a local brewery!

4.54/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.52/5  rDev +17.1%

This is Texas beer from a can, so I felt I should evaluate this one consumed from the can, as well as in a glass...
From can- the appearance is awesome! Perhaps the best beer packaging in Texas? In the glass, the beer pours a nice moderate off-white head that sticks around a bit.
From the can the aroma is overwhelmingly fresh hops. Reminds me of sticking my nose in a bag of hop pellets. Allowed to open up in the glass, the aroma is not so in-your-face hops and some cracker-like malt shows up. I also get the slightest hint of sulphur that adds a pleasant nuance to the danky hop profile.
The flavor impression straight outta the can is immediately lively and hop dominated. It comes on strong and fast and finishes clean and dry with a lingering hop bite. The beer smooths out in both carbonation, which remains lively, and hop bitterness when consumed from a glass. I'm also able to pick out that sulphur note in the glass again, which is so minor, but serves to make the beer feel a bit crisper and drier I think. Nice.
Overall, a supremely drinkable, crisp, dry and hoppy session beer. One of the best craft pilseners I have tried.

4.52/5  rDev +17.1%

Best pils I've had

4.42/5  rDev +14.5%

12 oz can pours a stunningly clear yellow color with a nice, bubbly white head. Ok retention and not much lacing.

Nose is classic pilsner with delicious saaz-y/hallertau hop aromas. Fresh, clean grainy malt. I think Im gonna like this one...

Oh yea, it is about damn time a Texas brewery nailed a good pilsner, especially considering all the German immigrant heritage near the Hill Country. This one can hang right up there with the best of the Pennsylvania pilsners. Snappy, sharp and crisp with lots of hop flavor and character. Goes down smooth and fast, I am very impressed.

4.4/5  rDev +14%