Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) | Steel Brewing Company

poor
good
Read the review
Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)

Steel Brewing Company
steelbrewing.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Brewed in different abv. versions: 6.0%, 7.3%, 8.1%, & reports of a 8.9%. In a few counties/states, a 3.2% version is also available.

Added by Todd on 09-13-2001

Ratings: 1,203 |  Reviews: 557

I am of the belief that a true beer lover ought to love all kinds of brew - from craft beers to dirt-cheap malt liquors. (I paid $1.99 for a 24 oz can of Steel Reserve at Rite Aid. Drank this beer very cold not warm. It taste very foul warm. Just warning !

Appearance : One inch head . It disappeared real quick
Smell corn mash, pale malt, alcohol and faint hops.
Taste : It tasted malt, sweet malt, cereal grains some hints of metal and a small amount of hop bitterness.
Mouthfeel It was average, the body medium and the carbonation good. Best when damn near frozen, . If you gotta go Malt, it's a cheap, classic choice. This beer is best of the American Malt Liquor!

Serious beer for serious bros. If you want to bro down and impress that babes that know how to party, drink the high gravity lager. 2 tall boys and you will be flying high. This isn't a craft. This isn't a trendy beer. This is a malt for college kids getting after it. And you rate how crazy you want your night to be, by the number of steels you put down. Every now and then I get a few to reminisce.

It's an Apples and Oranges test if you compare Steel Reserve to highly delicate crafted micro brews. In fact it's insulting to make the comparison in the first place. However having said that, and after taking another glorious gulp of my 24 oz Steel Reserve, it's a great beer if you just rate itself and forget all the other legends. For starters it's a acquired taste of strong and bold rich barely, sweet and bitter all at the same time. The After taste is also need of acquiring. Luckily I have acquired all of the above. Price point is unbeatable, for $1.50 not too shabby (You won't go bankrupt with this financial decision). The high alcohol content of 8.1% is mind blowing (You won't get that same effect with say coors light or bud). I've coined the nickname "A Quick Cheap Drunk" :p . Best way to drink this like almost all good beers, "ICE COLD." . "It's a Mans Beer," my girlfriend doesn't understand why I love it so much (even though she likes drinking some of the worst hard alcohol on the planet). BACK STORY It's the beer I have grown up with, when I was once a poor country boy. I continue to drink in delight :) (You heard me right), I steel love it after all the other hand crafted beers I have been opened up to throughout the years. It's beer and it get's me in gear so have no fear. I shout out, "I love steel reserve beer." with an all out cheer :D

Best thing to ever grace my taste buds. First one and I was hooked. I twisted off the golden cap and was immediately bombarded with an aromatic burst of floral, citrusy, earthy hop-o-rama. This little golden honey delighted my teeth, tongue, gums, and gullet. It is also a wicked good aphrodisiac. My homebum partner was more than willing to relinquish his cardboard shelter for a single sip of this malty delicacy. Yes! This is truly the nectar of the gods!

I LOVE this beer! I don't see how people are being this great beer such low ratings. This beer is the best beer! I will pick this beer over any other beer any day! It gets you drunk, and I think it tastes pretty good! and I think this great beer deserves a 5 star!! People who are giving this beer low ratings are probably the people who think bud light is the best beer or something. Anyway I wish you could buy this beer in a 24 pack! Not so I could drink it all in one night, but just so I could have some Steel Reserve in fridge for days!

If you are attempting to judge this beer like it is a fine wine tasting contest, you are in the wrong forum. This High Gravity Lager was brewed for one purpose. High alcohol content. You don't buy these kind of beers for a taste testing contest. It's a man's world. I am a contractor that can buy anything from caviar to Cadillac's. It's a fast buzz with not a lot of effort. It rates high in my world for what a High Gravity Lager is.

4.93/5  rDev +98.8%

Looks like beer, nothing fancy. Has a nice high ABV, always welcomed. Since I love a good malty beer and am not a big fan of hoppy brews, this fits well for my tastes. SR is very sweet, with a good amount of body. I don't notice the alcohol taste as much, maybe 'cause of the sweetness.
For myself, its great with salty food or by itself if I wanna feel relaxed real fast ;)

4.82/5  rDev +94.4%

I decided on some steel reserve a big 40 ounce bottle.i hadngotten my wife to order me some chinese food earlier so when i got home i could kick back in my recliner have my steel reserve over a huge mug of ice and watch lotr .this malt liquour us best served over lots of ice . You people complain about the oily metallic corn taste of this brew . Thats because you dont have the common sense to drink it ice cold in a huge mug . I poured it and it had such a big head i had to sip it to keep it from foaming all over the asmall table i jad all my food snacks on.it tastes great and is refreshing and strong. Just what you need after a long days work . Stop complaining and drink it right youll be glad you did.

4.8/5  rDev +93.5%

This is to offset all the beer snobs who get excited over a Jacksonville Pale Ale that's $15 for a six pack.

Get off your high horses.

This "malt liquor" is.... well, it goes down like a Miller Lite.

$3.75 for 4 16oz's 8.1ABV = Trick

under $4 and I'm going to bed early.

Seriously. I'm sick of the snobs hating on shit just because you can find it at a convenience store.

This stuff does the trick, for the price, the drinkability is not harsh at all - it goes down and gets you where you need to be.

Fast. Cheap. Taste Good.

The End.

Now go sample you're Johnson Farms Natural Spring Water Lite Lager with hints of Juniper and give it a 3/5 because it doesn't have a "strong mouth feel"

Puh-leeze.

Over and out,

Jack.

4.76/5  rDev +91.9%

This shit is good everybody giving bad reviews are crazy. It's cheap it's good its strong I LOVE THIS BEER

4.75/5  rDev +91.5%

4.75/5  rDev +91.5%

4.6/5  rDev +85.5%

Most ppl don't drink what i drink. I like a beer with a sweet flavor and a non-bitter after taste. And if ya like a big kick to boot then you got that here also. I can promise ya I have drank more 211 than any 3 ppl rating this beer, most likely the whole panel. This has been my favorite beer for the last 4 years. (90% SR, 10% yingling.

4.52/5  rDev +82.3%

This is a definate comparison to other malt liquors (as I've had the misfortune of having many). With that in mind, I believe this to be the king of all domestic, inexpensive, malt liquors. The look and smell are fairly average, as one would expect nothing more than straw yellow and a sour, bready smell. It is where the taste and mouthfeel come into play that brings this above the King Cobra's and Shlitz's. At 8.1% ABV, this thing is packed full of malt. So instead of having the watery, grainy taste of the other malt liquors, this has some *oomph* to it.

After a few swigs the feel of the alcohol goes away completely and all one tastes is the sour apple sweet malt. At $1.29, this runs about average to other ML's in the area, but with it's much better than average taste and definite higher alcohol, it gets the job done in a much more palatable way than good 'ole Old English 800 or King Cobra.

4.5/5  rDev +81.5%