Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) | Steel Brewing Company

poor
good
Read the review
Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)

Steel Brewing Company
steelbrewing.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Brewed in different abv. versions: 6.0%, 7.3%, 8.1%, & reports of a 8.9%. In a few counties/states, a 3.2% version is also available.

Added by Todd on 09-13-2001

Ratings: 1,211 |  Reviews: 563

1.75/5  rDev -29.4%

2.5/5  rDev +0.8%

1.5/5  rDev -39.5%

Best thing to ever grace my taste buds. First one and I was hooked. I twisted off the golden cap and was immediately bombarded with an aromatic burst of floral, citrusy, earthy hop-o-rama. This little golden honey delighted my teeth, tongue, gums, and gullet. It is also a wicked good aphrodisiac. My homebum partner was more than willing to relinquish his cardboard shelter for a single sip of this malty delicacy. Yes! This is truly the nectar of the gods!

4.75/5  rDev +91.5%

2.6/5  rDev +4.8%

Not good, but not horrible. Still better than Keystone Light. Picked up a 6-pack for myself and two other guys for the last day of classes (big day at my college) and couldn't finish it. Somewhat sweet with a strong taste of corn. 8.1% ABV was what attracted me to it; I didn't particularly care about the taste when I took the price into account ($4.50 for 6-pack). However, it doesn't taste particularly good, but it is drinkable. Just swallow it quickly. Honestly, the best thing about it is that it's pretty high in alcohol and pretty cheap.

All in all, while it's not one of my favorites, I'll drink it again, simply because it's good when you're broke and want to drink with a couple of friends.

3.83/5  rDev +54.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Need i say anymore its a Miller brewing company malt liquor whoops high gravity... To me its a damn good cheap brew to buy and it will get you where you want to go! It has a good taste, not alot of alcohol punch, which equals you to getting it trouble. Plus it is a $1.50 a 24 ounce can. I cant bitch at this stuff they are producing, to me its better than hurricane hg at 8.10 percent

1.25/5  rDev -49.6%

4.8/5  rDev +93.5%

This is to offset all the beer snobs who get excited over a Jacksonville Pale Ale that's $15 for a six pack.

Get off your high horses.

This "malt liquor" is.... well, it goes down like a Miller Lite.

$3.75 for 4 16oz's 8.1ABV = Trick

under $4 and I'm going to bed early.

Seriously. I'm sick of the snobs hating on shit just because you can find it at a convenience store.

This stuff does the trick, for the price, the drinkability is not harsh at all - it goes down and gets you where you need to be.

Fast. Cheap. Taste Good.

The End.

Now go sample you're Johnson Farms Natural Spring Water Lite Lager with hints of Juniper and give it a 3/5 because it doesn't have a "strong mouth feel"

Puh-leeze.