Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity) | Steel Brewing Company

Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)
2.38/5
Poor
Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)Steel Reserve 211 (High Gravity)

Steel Brewing Company
steelbrewing.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Brewed in different abv. versions: 6.0%, 7.3%, 8.1%, & reports of a 8.9%. In a few counties/states, a 3.2% version is also available.

Added by Todd on 09-13-2001

Ratings: 1,224 |  Reviews: 566

3.01/5  rDev +26.5%

24oz tallboy can marked 8.1 ABV

A - I didn't even bother pouring this into a glass so I can't comment on the appearance.

S - Smells like an ethanol plant, urine

T - Semi-mettalic, super sweet malt covering the high ABV very well.

M - Moderately thick and syrupy.

O - I think this is one the best malt liquors I have ever tasted. For the style, it's actually quite good and a nice contrast to the IPA I just finished. I paid $1.37 for this can and I definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth on the alcohol front:) Malt liquor is malt liquor...drink fast and get your buzz on. I don't particularly care for this style of beer but I drank many a Mickey's Ice big mouth 40 in college and this tastes much better and has a higher ABV to boot. Definitely drink COLD. Not that I'm advocating slamming this beer but the alcohol starts asserting itself agressively as it warms up.

Cheers!

4.5/5  rDev +89.1%

1.25/5  rDev -47.5%

2.25/5  rDev -5.5%

3.5/5  rDev +47.1%

2.25/5  rDev -5.5%

2.73/5  rDev +14.7%

Drank straight out of a 24oz can. for 1.55+ tax this is a pretty good deal. and 8.1% abv? get outta here.

Nose gave off the typical metallic like aroma you get from malt beer. Wet hay and a sugary presence as well. Taste followed closely behind with no hops in the picture what so ever. However, it goes down smooth and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I find nothing offensive about the taste. It's actually refreshing and masks the alcohol pretty well.

Overall - Better then the average malt liquor. Would I buy this again? For a cheap buzz, yes. Not bad at all.

3.25/5  rDev +36.6%