Peche 'n Brett

May 08, 2012
SCORE
World-Class
Peche 'n BrettPeche 'n Brett
Notes: Our Seizoen Bretta oak aged and loaded with tons of local organic peaches (a pound and a half per gallon).

First released in 750ml bottles May 2012.
Second release in January 2013.
Third Release - February 2014
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
4.55/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
by kitch from Hong Kong

A 750ml yellow waxed bottle with a best before date of March 2022. Poured into a Tilquin stemmed glass.

Appearance: A cloudy golden orange colour with a two finger white head that had decent retention and eventually settles to thin cap while leaving some lacing.

Aroma: Peach, peach creamsicle, oak, light funk and notes of brett and lemon zest.

Taste: Lightly tart, peach, brett, funk, hay and grapefruit.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with moderate carbonation.

Overall: The 10% abv was well hidden and the aroma and flavours were enjoyable and well balanced.

Dec 27, 2021

4.25 by tblack4d from Georgia on Jan 21, 2021

4.6 by kmoen from California on Dec 18, 2020
4.98/5  rDev +12.2%
by jb_4226 from Texas

Millions of peaches, peaches for me!

Dec 15, 2020

4.5 by Destiney from Indiana on Nov 25, 2020

4.49 by nollie77 from Ohio on Nov 19, 2020

3.95 by Stefko from Ohio on Nov 02, 2020

4.77 by Dillpickle315 from Colorado on Sep 28, 2020

4.46 by MI_beerdrinker from Texas on Sep 21, 2020

4.5 by JAWS from New York on Sep 06, 2020
4.22/5  rDev -5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by Beginner2 from Illinois

Moderate. Refreshingly tart... but I'm not up there with this ale's enthusiasts.

Peche 'n Brett Looks better than your average Brett... but not so good as the better saisons. Smells are intriguing; lots of peaches followed by a heavy hint of Brett. Tastes follow; this is a well-integrated ale. It finishes tart, dry and bubbly enough to cleanse the sweet from the palate by my pairing with a peach pie in season. While the pie was the higher point of the meal, Peche 'n Brett made it better. And for that, it passes my test as a very good saison.

As a minor point, my rendition bottled March 2020, is only 8.6% ABV... and that is fine with me. Too much alcohol interferes with food.

I've now had Logsdon's four most often rated ales. Because of Logsdon's extra effort and dedication, I can see why a segment of the craft market holds them in such high esteem. But Brett remains too much for my buds to like. And there also is the issue of premium price. So, it probably is time for me to focus elsewhere and, being a buddy-duddy, on the classic saisons. Tried as I have, I guess I'm still just a Euro Saison Head.

Aug 09, 2020

4.5 by BalancingBrooms from Illinois on Aug 08, 2020

4.44 by Benish from Wisconsin on Aug 08, 2020

4.5 by soundaurora from Pennsylvania on Aug 07, 2020
4.25/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by just1cho from California

*Poured into a Teku glass from a 375mL bottle*

This beer poured out a pastel orange color onto my glass, also hazy in appearance from the yeast. It had about a finger thick white colored head on my initial pour, but it disappeared almost immediately leaving a bit of a lacing around my glass.

The aroma on this was both funky and peachy upfront, being true to its name "Peche n' Brett". While I mostly got stone fruit aromas ranging from notes of peaches to apricots, I was also able to perceive notes of caramel and vanilla in the back-end with the funk and oakiness still present.

Upfront on the taste, I was able to get a nice presence of sweet peaches with a slight nectarine sourness as well. The sour nectarine notes lingered to the middle and finish and was accompanied by notes of under-ripe mandarin oranges. Overall, I would say that the sour nectarine-like taste was the most prominent flavor that I got.

This was medium bodied and had a moderate amount of carbonation to it. As for its drink-ability, I thought that this was super easy to drink despite having a 10% ABV. Almost no alcohol was perceived.

I thought that this beer, overall, was pretty decent but not my personal favorite. It was very good and highly drinkable, but it seemed a little boring for me to drink. I wish it was a bit more fruity than sour, but it isn't bad at all how it was when I drank it.

Aug 06, 2020
4.22/5  rDev -5%
by Franziskaner from Missouri

Copper colored with a fingernail of off white around the rim and covering half of the top. The aroma is of peach and a touch of brettanomyces. I’m tasting peach and just a touch of brettanomyces. The mouth is moderately carbonated, dry, and crisp.

Jul 28, 2020

5 by Johng19751 from Indiana on Jul 03, 2020

4.75 by bigpoppa67 from Wisconsin on Jul 01, 2020

4.37 by LeftHanded666 from New York on Jun 30, 2020
4.74/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
by StoutElk_92 from Massachusetts

Bottle No. 26308 Best By: 03/2022

Notes of bright fresh peaches, pear, apple, lemony citrus, apricot, banana, peppery clove spice, wildflowers, barnyardy farmhouse funk, hints of leather, horse blanket, toasty hay, straw, caramelized bready crackery malts, vanilla, oak, with earthy herbal floral hops

Jun 26, 2020

4.43 by thampel09 from New Jersey on Jun 21, 2020

4.31 by smithj4 from New York on Jun 18, 2020

5 by TallGuyCM from California on Jun 18, 2020

4.59 by Scottsbeer from Florida on Jun 15, 2020
4.37/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by BeanBump from California

Pretty damn good beer. A masterful blend of tart and sweet in which you can actually taste peach instead of an indiscernible fruit flavor like a lot of other beers. Its light, crisp, a little dry, decently carbonated and has just the right amount of funk. Not the cheapest bottle but if you come across it, worth an indulgence.

Jun 10, 2020
4.5/5  rDev +1.4%
by pathman from Ohio

06/06/20 bottle (2020) @ home

Jun 06, 2020

4.38 by KAP1356 from Pennsylvania on Jun 05, 2020
4.62/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
by DIM from Pennsylvania

This is magnificent. As it warms, fresh peach aromas leap out of the glass. The Brett aroma is apparent but secondary. On the palate it is more balanced. Still wonderful, but a tad more peach would have been welcome.

May 24, 2020

4.3 by WDJersey from Colorado on May 24, 2020
4.59/5  rDev +3.4%
by RaulMondesi from California

This is the Ghost Rider (a rollercoaster here at Knott’s Berry Farm) of beers for Raul. Bought a $20 bottle of 2018 vintage last month, but it gushed like hell so I drain poured it because of “infection.” Well, today I saw this 2020 edition for $12.99 and I decided “What the hell?” because it seemed like a goddamn sign and a good deal! (not that Raul is into that celestial stuff or whatever). Anyway, this one gushed too (but not as bad as the 2018. Oh well, I guess I’ll still drink it).

Damn thing pours a bright orange like Lawrence of Arabia riding by camel into the sun’s anvil. Then when I take a sniff, dang sucker is hella pungent on the peaches like a Kim K emoji. Taste is pretty damn good too. Smooth peach essence like that baseball team in that girl movie (Gina Davis did look pretty good).

Anyway, I’m into it and stuff like that hot goth girl in high school that always hung by her locker during nutrition. But then again, it’s exactly that: an enigma. Why the hell is this beer rated so high, yet Logsdon can’t give me a non gusher?

Raul is done with them.