Peche 'n Brett | Logsdon Farmhouse Ales

Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Oregon, United States
farmhousebeer.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Our Seizoen Bretta oak aged and loaded with tons of local organic peaches (a pound and a half per gallon).

First released in 750ml bottles May 2012.
Second release in January 2013.
Third Release - February 2014

Added by msubulldog25 on 05-08-2012

#189
Liked:
4.45/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,345 |  Reviews: 176

3.58/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.62/5  rDev -18.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.67/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

3.71/5  rDev -16.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

1762nd Review on BA
Bottle to Blue Palms taster
750 ML

Batch 2

Shared with GuruDel and MrHyschybar

App- When this came out of the bottle. It was a very dark orange with a bit of a haze to it. The bubbles were a bit small and didnt leave any cling like a normal saison would. The barrel took some of the carbonation away and left more a dark color.

Smell- I was expecting an explosion of deep barnyard "funk" with the oak balancing things out and then the peche coming in to tie it all together. The peche was a bit small on this one and the ABV made for a unique balancing act of aromas on this one. A bit of a crushed damp wheat smell was in there as well.

Taste- Well I have to say I was a bit let down. Maybe I thought it would be more like V010 (Which I havent had) I was expecting maybe this giant peche explosion with a Rayon vert like flavor to just blow me away. I got more of the wood barrel and small funk with only a small bit of peche behind it. Well layered but lacking in "pop" for me.

Mouth- This had a good feel behind it. A bit medium in body with a good amount of thick carbonation with a solid funk residual flavors behind it. The peche didnt stick around for very long and the barrel seemed to dominate again with that crushed wheat flavor.

Drink- It was a good beer, but again didnt blow me away. I think letting a bottle sit, might help. I truly feel this wouldve been better as say a wild ale with more of a light flavor and more peche behind it. I am glad this was at a share and not a traded bottle.

3.71/5  rDev -16.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.73/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

750ml bottle poured into a snifter. The brew appears a hazy orange with a solid white cap 2+ fingers strong that is composed of large bubbles and holds seemingly throughout the entire duration.

The aroma contains earthy brett upfront with a light fruit essence like apricot/peach but without getting sweet smelling. There is some funk and oak that blend into the brett that almost imparts a feel of sulfur.

The taste includes plenty of wheat and faded fruit that is like peach/apricot skins. It is somewhat carbonic and lightly mineral filled just like the base saison (which I wasnt crazy about.)

This is a lightly watery feeling brew with an abundance of carbonation. It is sadly cabonic an overall just ok. I have tried to approach this brewery with positive anxious thoughts but everytime I try their goods, im left underwhelmed. I would drink this again if given the opportunity but really, I dont see this as anything special or worth going out of your way for. Perhaps this was an off bottle?

3.75/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Peche 'n Brett from Logsdon Farmhouse Ales