Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Peroni Nastro AzzurroPeroni Nastro Azzurro
Score:
Ranked #50,822
2.81 | pDev: 22.78%
From:
Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Italy
View: Beers
Reviews: 778 | Ratings: 2,259 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
ACidKatzzz from Texas

2.81/5  rDev 0%

Light and crispy taste, you'd almost think this is a light beer, which it's not. Not much of a smell to the beer, which is kind of expected when your looking at a lager like this. No lingering after taste, very rice like taste, it's the perfect beer to down with some greasy foods! I'd say it matched what you'd typically eat at an Italian restaurant hence it's lightness, compared to alot of heavy Italian dishes. It's a smooth crisp beer!

Sep 11, 2021
boblimbo13

2.95/5  rDev +5%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.75

This beer only has looks going for it. It's a nice bottle and has a nice sticker, but it's like the version of Tenants in a bottle. In the way that you can only really taste the rusty metallic taste and if the fizz has gone or if it's warm you are left with something very unpleasant. May look nice being served in a restaurant but it's just a bad tasting beer.

Aug 31, 2021
BigMac59 from Texas

3.58/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A pale straw color
Head dissipates quickly
The aroma was hard for me to ascertain until I read a few other reviews and realized a sweet rice-like aroma described it very well.
Taste is great for an European lager, very refreshing.
Nice mouthfeel.

Jul 03, 2021
Scotchboy from Idaho

3.34/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On-tap in Boise ID; served in a goblet-shaped glass; pale straw in color with a small white head. Snappy, crackery and malty, with that typical pale lagery finish. Grassy. Clean, smooth, mellow, with minimal skunk and a dry finish. Refreshing and prototypical for a Euro pale lager.

Jun 30, 2021
karsten61

2.4/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pale gold color and almost completely clear. Has a ver inoffensive smell that you would be forgiven if you missed. Has high carbonation and a nice refreshing taste. Overall a very crushable beer, that is paired well with food. 37/100

Jun 21, 2021
MeanMotaScootah from California

3.93/5  rDev +39.9%

I really like Euro Pale lagers, definitely the way to go if you're going to drink a lager. This is one of my favorites even over the typical German lagers. This has a clean hoppy taste, almost tastes like a Czech pilsner but a little more bready. A really nice beer for sure, way better than any of the American adjunct lagers on the market. So for the style I think this one is in the top five for sure.

Jun 20, 2021
1009 from Massachusetts

2.22/5  rDev -21%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

In Boston's North End for an Italian dinner, so thought it would be cute to pair with an Italian lager. However, I was tremendously disappointed and should've ordered a red wine. I won't completely hate on it though. I think it is presented beautifully in its specific branded glass that brings out the nice shiny golden color. However the experience went downhill after that. The beer gives off a rice-like sweet aroma that turns into a slightly sweet malty corn/rice flavor. Simple and basic, but not good. Really just a watery corn juice that aged horribly as it warmed to room temperature. I will say it is crisp and refreshing, good with hearty Italian food, but someone who enjoys a flavorful brew should not expect it from this beer.

May 02, 2021
Sigmund from Norway

Sampled on numerous occasions, in Italy and in Norway, mostly from bottle. An unpretentious pilsener, crisp and very refreshing. A good accompaniment with spicy food. The ultimate pizza beer.

May 02, 2021
Wrigfen from South Carolina

3.59/5  rDev +27.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I just had this bottled. I picked it up at my local craft store. The reason I purchased this was about 10 years ago we frequented a bar that had this on tap all the time and we really enjoyed it. This way a couple of years before I had ever sampled a craft beer. Ultimately I forgot all about this until I saw it in the store. I would not really categorize it as what I believe to be craft beer, rather more like a mass produced commercial beer. Although, a little fizzy it is a nice refreshing lager that has a decent taste. Very smooth tasting and light. Not any head to speak of, lacing or any typical characteristics of a craft beer, but still a good refreshing beverage with above ABV.
I know this is not your typical review, but I recommend this beer. I wish I could find it on tap, just to compare it to the bottled brew I just downed.
Cheers all and have a great day.

Apr 03, 2021
IPAs_for_days_13 from Texas

2.66/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Pours a basic lager pale gold color with a 1/2 inch white head that leaves the glass quickly. Smells skunky as soon as you pop the cap off, smells slightly malty, straw, grains, no detectable hops really. Taste follows the nose, has a floral hoppy bitterness, bready. Light-bodied, high carbonation, crisp, refreshing, crushable. Not a bad beer, pretty basic lager.

Mar 20, 2021
Korostishevski from Florida

Drink this beer all day and night. Drink it with green eggs and ham. Yo. This is a super easy beer to put down. Too easy. Have it with your breakfast. Before you kiss your lady. Drink it with your lunch. Have a couple for dinner. This is an awesome poolside beer. It's proof that Italians are great at making what ever they decide to make. Yes, this is an awesome beer. If you want a lager with a light skunkiness, this is it. Pairs well with yard work on a bright sunny day. Thank you my Italian brothers for making great beer that compliments my Italian shoes. Mama Mia.

Mar 13, 2021
Stephenkerr from Massachusetts

4.2/5  rDev +49.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

I drank it and I was a watching adventure time with de ladie who was ahh having tea, and I drank it and I gotta tell ya, it was a spicy nyc time JK LOL it was pretty good. I sipped my sipperoni, HAHA PERONI and overall mouthful was smooth .

Feb 17, 2021
realJohnnyHobo from Maryland

3.27/5  rDev +16.4%

European lager, toting superior quality found in this 'fine' beer. As for this one I enjoyed it.

Typical darker yellow, clear, small retaining semi-transparent white head on top. Nearly zero lacing on the beer. Grassy hop notes, mild carbonation displacement alongside the scent. Flavor profile follows along the smell. A sweet rich backbone, alongside a semi-dry, mildly carbonated grassy hop finish. Drinkability is high, but the carbonation is a bit filling. Full bodied, and a mild fruity tannic taste from the hop character. Respectfully at 5.1% ABV this beer is highly favorable when paired with cheese spreads, lamb, and burgers.

Jan 16, 2021
Tony787 from Canada (ON)

3.59/5  rDev +27.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

bought 500ml can at lcbo in Ontario poured a 1 finger head.
it's an easy drinking beer and enjoyable smooth taste not much bitterness good carbonation level
over all it's a good beer I liked it
cheers

Oct 27, 2020
spectru from Florida

3.04/5  rDev +8.2%

10-25-2020 Clear pale gold, head dissipates to almost nothing; faint aroma; mild flavor; moderate carbonation. Not particularly noteworthy, but not bad.

Oct 25, 2020
schoolboy from Ohio

look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Phil Lewis brought some of these over when he came over swimming, and I discovered that I had not reviewed any Peroni products. That can be fixed. I had long ago made my determination that Moretti's La Rossa was the best of the Italian beers you can easily find in these parts, but it is an entirely different animal from this.

It pours with a bit of head that disappears leaving something that looks like ginger ale. Good bubbles. The aroma has me doing my Dewey Cox, I caint smell it. The taste is pretty much the same, light straw, slightly funky (green bottle syndrome) and just the lightest hops. It leaves your mouth cleaner than it started.

Not recommended. You really should avoid the style - try something more flavorful! Although I drank some inferior brews on my last trip to Europe, I was never so desperate to have to turn to this kind of stuff (there always seemed to be something more Belgian around).

Jul 29, 2020
LT5 from Georgia

Got while on vacation. Very smooth to drink and taste with a beautiful look inside and outside the bottle - light head. Definitely recommend easy drink.

Jul 28, 2020
Parmesan from Colorado

2.89/5  rDev +2.8%

L:. Pours a pale golden yellow with a fizzy white head and a touch of lacing.

S:. Notes of rice and grain, a light apple and sweet malt. A slight hop. Nothing special but also inoffensive.

T:. Rice and grain, a light sweet malt, a light apple and a slight hop. Nothing special but nothing inoffensive.

F:. Crisp and light body easy drinking

O:. It's nothing special but it is drinkable.

Jul 27, 2020
Steve555 from Wales

2.87/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

On draught, a golden yellow body with a foamy head, lots of carbonation and lacing. Smell is slightly metallic, saccharine. Taste is quite malty and a tiny amount of bitterness and some artificial sweetner. Feel is heavy carbonation and a watery crisp finish with some sweetness and metal. This is the most popular and consumed beer in Wales but I tend to steer clear of it. It has a reputation for making people go mad when drunk. I had a funny turn on it once when I felt I wanted to smash up stuff. Apart from that, it's not bad.

Jul 18, 2020
Premo88 from Texas

4.06/5  rDev +44.5%

11.2 oz. bottle poured into tall tulip
(best by 7/23/20 printed on label)

L: clear yellow-gold, just a hint of brown in it (SRM 4-6), topped by thick white/offwhite head of foam about an inch tall that sticks a bit; some lacing; keeps a full collar and most of skin

S: skunk, peach, metal, light grain ... over time the skunk aroma mostly disappears and allows for a nice bread-malt sweetness to dominate; the metallic note is slight but also disappears as the beer warms; surprisingly fruity and malty

T: very similar to the nose, sweet bread-malt peach and a light bit of grain (rice more than corn); a little earthy dirt-hop bite in the finish to help balance the sweetness up front

F: perfect light middleweight with loads of carbonation ... it's arguably too crispy for some, but I love it -- it's exactly what I want from the style

O: way more malt presence than I expected, to the point that I'd happily buy a six-pack of this as a slightly maltier version of a macro lager; it'd be nice if the ABV were in the lower 4s, but at least that 5.1% is coming from some decent barley malt; as a big American adjunct lager fan, I love it ... a very simple, clean, easy to drink brew with enough flavor to keep it interesting

Jul 12, 2020
M4RK from Northern Ireland

4.07/5  rDev +44.8%

Unpopular opinion, maybe! I really enjoy this beer - love the taste, notes... everything really. Taste buds are a bit sick of IPA and this is my go to. Can’t fault it!!

Jul 10, 2020
Apellonious from North Carolina

3.77/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dealing with some IPA palate burnout has me back to drinking (and liking) pilsners and lagers. This one is basic crisp bread ness mixed with some pale malt flavors. That’s it. And that’s all I need right now staring at 90 degrees in my weather app.

Jun 06, 2020
just1cho from California

2.92/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

*Poured into a Teku glass from a 11.2oz bottle*

This beer poured a pale straw yellow which also provided a two finger white colored head. This had a nice diversity of rocky bubbles and had a moderate amount of retention.

The aroma was primarily off flavors, heavily smelling of diacetyl and has been slightly skunked. The diacetyl isn't too terrible of a smell, but I wished that I there was more of a malt presence in the smell. The lack of depth or any kind of complexity in the aroma makes this slightly below average in my view.

The taste follows the nose. The front palate presented the familiar diacetyl that I got from the nose and was lingering throughout. It had a bit of phenolic character presenting notes of pepper in the middle which then evolved to a malty sweetness and breadiness in the back end coupled with the ever present diacetyl.

The beer left a coating around the mouth, leaving me with a feeling that I drank butter--presumably from the diacetyl. This had a bit of an aftertaste to it, which had notes of diacetyl and sweet malts. This was light bodied and crisp making this a very drinkable beer, perfect for pairing with seafood or a tomato based dish.

Overall, I felt like this beer wasn't bad, nowhere near the worst beer I've ever had. But the off-flavors and the weak tastes of the malts didn't really do this any favors in terms of making this beer worth while. Still, I wouldn't have a problem drinking this beer if I'm out eating some Italian food if there was nothing else to drink.

May 26, 2020
xander10 from England

2.79/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

I have had this beer everywhere, as this is the standard beer I have if there aren't any better options on tap.
Look: Pale yellow and clear with a small white, foamy head. Nothing exceptional but it is not an unappealing looking beer.
Smell: Slightly Citrus whilst still noticeably yeasty, not bad but once again nothing exceptional.
Taste: Very slightly bitter, quite bland and unspectacular.
Feel: Feels like a carbonated drink, rather thin and watery in nature.
Overall: A rather average beer, nothing exceptional, and like it's head, not much to note on.

May 24, 2020
HorseheadsHophead from Colorado

3.18/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

L: Crystal clear straw, bubbly, huge head of rocky white foam. Great retention and lacing.

S: Skunky, corn, vegetal.

T: Light honey sweetness, cracker, a bit of hay; some corn and vegetal tastes but subdued compared to the skunky nose. A hint of grass and bell pepper flesh on the finish. Crisp and clean, grainy, leans just slightly sweet.

F: Medium-light, slight stickiness from residual sugars, bubbly, clean.

O: A decent Euro pale lager. About as good as expected. Comparable to Heineken, Stella, Beck's, Carlsberg. PSA: Drink it from a can or on draft to avoid the worst of the skunkiness!

May 17, 2020
Peroni Nastro Azzurro from Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.
Beer rating: 66 out of 100 with 2259 ratings