Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Peroni Nastro AzzurroPeroni Nastro Azzurro
Score:
Ranked #48,624
2.81 | pDev: 22.42%
From:
Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Italy
View: Beers
Reviews: 752 | Ratings: 2,183 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Todd:
3.35/5  rDev +19.2%

Presentation: 12oz green bottle. Best before end date and batch number stamped on the back.

Appearance: Perfectly pale, clear golden with a fine carbonation that creates a tiny bubbled white lace.

Smell: That unmistakable import Lager aroma ... light sulfur nose with a delicate floral hop aroma and faint malt sweetness.

Taste: Cold, crisp and refreshing from the very first sip. Body is light with a light dextrin-like malt sweetness. Mouthfeel is surprisingly smooth. Hop flavour is comprised of floral hop flavours and a soft lemon bitterness that tickles the palate with a slight, combined, herbal twang. A mild grain dryness adds to the overall crispness of the beer. Finishes a bit dry with hop leftovers.

Notes: I can almost imagine myself sipping this from a long glass on some Italian beach. A very drinkable and agreeable Lager. Serve cold.

Oh ... and I'm not a big wine drinker, so I always order a beer with my meals. And, I figure if I'm going to eat Italian, I'll drink Italian. Peroni does the job everytime, although it's not something I'd keep in the fridge at home.

4.21/5  rDev +49.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This Italian beer is decent but not the best. Poured into my trusty pint glass and light color with little to no head. Taste isnt bad as long as its poured into pint glass. Nothing spectacular about the beer but it is better than the American Lagers.

4.25/5  rDev +51.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I love it but I can see why others don't.

3.89/5  rDev +38.4%

A classic lager and somehow evokes its "italian" spirit through being dry and slightly choppy for the style. Best lawnmower beer out there.

4.61/5  rDev +64.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Fantastic example of a Euro Pale Lager. I don't know what the other ratings think is wrong. It's a nice crisp lager perfect for sipping on a sidewalk cafe in Rome. Maybe I like it so much because that's where I'm drinking it. It makes me happy.

3.78/5  rDev +34.5%

I like Peroni. In the bottle it's okay. On tap it really shines. Okay, it's a Euro lager, and it's not going to knock your socks off. But it gets the job done in a comfortable, enjoyable way. Drink it at an Italian restaurant, on tap with some chicken marsala, and you'll be good to go.

Keep in mind, this is the draught version:

Appearance: A rich, golden color, with a two-finger width head that dissipates quickly into a light bubbly lacing. Quite attractive in the glass.

Aroma: It doesn't smell like a lager, really. There is a definite grainy scent to it, but I also detect a distinct, but light hoppiness about it too.

Taste: A very European, gentle hoppiness. Grain, but a suggestive, malty aftertaste. It does not offend.

Mouth: No bitterness, especially after eating a few bites of food. It's a good mealtime beer.

Overall: The beer is not stellar, but it's really not bad. Drink it on tap and you will not regret it. I found myself liking it more and more as I sipped it. Like I said, it goes well with Italian food, but also with just about anything else. A good, solid European lager.

4.3/5  rDev +53%

I really enjoyed this beer. Easy going down. Very light in color. Flavorful, slightly bitter, slightly sweet. Pairs well with a Mozzarella Cheese Roll with Prosciutto & Basil.

3.41/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A- Super heavy carbonation is the key look to this ultra clear, pale yellow colored Euro lager. The head is pure white and doesn't produce much of anything other than some thin patchy foam. Surprisingly, the lacing is not half bad, with some sticky bubbly foam clinging to the glass....it does slowly find it's way back into the beer itself. Very typical cheaper looking lager.

S- Again, this is typical of the style. Skunky, but not nearly as bad as others of this style. There are hints of bread/yeast and some dried barley grain and/or grassy. While the aroma is much better than expected, there is still a hint of corn/rice adjunts. Minimal hop presence, which isn't unexpected and it smells very clean.

T- As the aroma suggested, this is very much a clean brew flavor wise. There is adjunct laden flavors of boiled corn and/or white rice. Lingering in the background are mild flavors of sweet malt and the aforementioned yeasty/bread qualities. Nothing in the hop department....good overall!

M/O- A perfect example of what a clean, crisp lager should be! Thin bodied and plenty of palate scrubbing carbonation make this a great session beer for a club meeting in the evening. It really can be enjoyed by everyone and has more flavor than standard BMC offerings, without the tang of typical Euro lagers. I've bought this before and I'll buy it again.....I like it for what it is and think it's an underrated beer!

2.98/5  rDev +6%

Appearance – This one poured a deep, rich yellow in color with some live carbonation and a big, full, white head.

Smell – One of the only decent good grain aromas that I’ve found. The grain smells as good as it looks. The nose is sweet and very pleasing.

Taste – The wheels started falling off this wagon at the taste. The sweetness, which I enjoyed in the nose, completely took over the beer. The grain just faded away and left me with a mouthfeel of overly sweetened tonic water.

Mouthfeel – This light-bodied birra has some subtle carbonation and is mildly crisp.

Drinkability – This one starts off well enough but lost its structure and felt kind of strung out to me in the end.

2.18/5  rDev -22.4%

well, not impressed.. oh well. i tried another new beer for me. a light color. light carbonation after about one half inch of head that was gone before i really noticed. smelled kinda skunky. may have been sitting too long. taste is grainy and skunky. a bbq beer, lawnmowing beer. oh well. no big loss.

suckem up and movem out.

giblet

3.23/5  rDev +14.9%

Appearance: Little head and medium lacing. Light, clear straw color. Overall, what you would expect to see for this style.

Smell: Short on hop and malt aroma.

Taste: Some sweet malty flavors. Nice bitter aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Appropriate for style.

Drinkability: I wouldn't turn it down.

2.75/5  rDev -2.1%

2.75/5  rDev -2.1%

2.5/5  rDev -11%

2.68/5  rDev -4.6%

2.01/5  rDev -28.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Boring, normal bloody lager. Dull

3.27/5  rDev +16.4%

My knee jerk reaction was to just knock this one as yet another lousy macro lager. But then it poured a nice gold color, and I was rather impressed. The smell is crisp and clean, almost minty in it's odd way. I also liked the little line next to the freshness date saying exactly where in Italy it came from, though I suspect most of the ones that make it to America are from the same brewery.

The taste is that of a pretty solid pale lager, perhaps a little on the sweet side. As a beer in general, it's not that great, but for it's style, there's just so many dreadfully foul brews in this catagory that whenever I find one that's drinkable, I'm thankful. I almost hate to admit it, but I kinda like this one. Drink up, buddies.

1.5/5  rDev -46.6%

2.5/5  rDev -11%

3.5/5  rDev +24.6%

3.25/5  rDev +15.7%

1.96/5  rDev -30.2%

2.56/5  rDev -8.9%

Imported Bottle. So what makes it an Italian beer? This and Moretti suggest a bit more hop bitterness in a light lager. I had this cold (that is, I was cold) at an outdoor mini-Italian fest in Chicago in October. Nice golden color under a thin but persistent head. I can taste the malt, balanced by an agreeable hop bitterness and yeast bite. Noticeably more body to it than you'd expect, and finishes well. Matches well with a hot Buona Beef sammich.

Peroni Nastro Azzurro from Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.
Beer rating: 66 out of 100 with 2183 ratings