Birra Peroni | Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.

Birra PeroniBirra Peroni
2.68/5
Birra PeroniBirra Peroni

Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.
Italy
peroni.it

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by ThaCreep on 07-05-2011

3.46/5  rDev +29.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1.25/5  rDev -53.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This was very disappointing it just didn't taste like much.

2.52/5  rDev -6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.78/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.69/5  rDev -36.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

Draft: Poured a clear golden color beer with a nice foamy head with OK retention and light lacing. Aroma of adjunct and residual sugar notes is OK. Taste is mostly dominated by adjunct and residual sugar notes. Body is about average for style with good carbonation. Not the best lager out there for sure.

3.25/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I prefer this to Nastro Azzuro as it is less carbonated, which makes it better to drink with a meal in my opinion.

Pretty much a standard lager flavour, has excellent mouthfeel.

2.99/5  rDev +11.6%

Wow I haven't reviewed this? Crazy. I think I first had this beer on Brady Street in Milwaukee about 15 years ago. Pours that feint straw yellow you tend to not dig on. Ok, so I'm getting a proverbial diet lager almost. Whatevs, we can still make this work. Did I mention a super thin 1/8" white head that disappears quickly? Aroma of grain. Didn't they used to make these in green bottles? I want my Euro skunk lager smell dammit!

Taste is almost nil, mouth feel is a grain and grass dryness. Almost no hopping, high carbonation, light body. There isn't much more to say about it. Bland? If you like that word I guess. I prefer to think of it as a beer you can just pound without getting into tasting notes too much.

2.33/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

I'm currently vacationing in Rome. Surprisingly, in this wonderful city of wines, I'm happy to see the emergent and thriving craft beer scene.
And then there's Peroni. We were at a restaurant where I was enjoying a nice Belgian Witt with my meal. The manager asked us if we could move tables in order to accommodate a larger group. We did, and for being a good sport, he said he'd treat me to a glass of champagne. I said I prefer beer, partly in jest and not really expecting anything in return. He gave me Peroni.
Uuuhhh....it's a clear piss yellow in color with a head that dies down at the snap of a finger. Grainy aroma and slightly grassy. For a beer like this, I can enjoy it on ocadsion if it's crisp, dry and relatively flavorless. Being that it was hot in Rome, it would have hit the spot. However, the body was slightly above light, not crisp and had a semi sweet malt and adjuncts flavor. The finish had a grassy but off flavor that was off putting.
Not a particularly good experience.

2.95/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.25/5  rDev +21.3%

Clear golden color
High carbonation
Light mouthfeel
Slight malt taste, refreshing
Overall just ok. Very easy drinking. Better than budweiser, but not worth the premium price.

2.75/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.72/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

1.99/5  rDev -25.7%

2.94/5  rDev +9.7%

1.84/5  rDev -31.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

2.56/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.2/5  rDev -17.9%

2.99/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Clear and golden with a small white head that leaves a mild lacing behind. The smell and flavor are alike, A little grassy, malty, and quite corny. The feel is full carbonation, dry, and medium light body. Typical pale lager, here, nothing off and nothing remarkable. The corn like sweetness is full in this one, though, which I'm not a fan of.

2.55/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This is just an average Euro lager, it pours a typical golden color with a finger of white head. It leaves very little in the way of lacing in the glass. There is nothing special here.

3.4/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Birra Peroni from Birra Peroni Industriale S.p.A.