Cerveja Do Amor | Cervejaria Bodebrown Ltda.

Liked This Beer

3.5/5  rDev -2%

2.75/5  rDev -23%

3.75/5  rDev +5%

3.77/5  rDev +5.6%

My Brazilian collegue Sergio, who parted this beer from a exchange many months ago, suggested to drink this with a girl. Go figure, I'm sitting all alone in my room tonight. The label features beautiful artwork and a validity date unitl July 2012. It's a wheat ale brewed with blackberries. On to the beer:

Looks equal parts helles and dunkel weiss in the glass. More specificially, a hazy rusty copper color with creamy formation of the head. Head retention is fair. The smell does have some blackberry. It's much more sour and sharp than I would have expected, but it still smells quite pleasant.

The blackberry fruit continues its dominance in the taste. Berry...excuse me, very little of the wheat beer base seems to get noticed among the crowd of sour, tart, and subtley sweet fruit, but that's okay. Does this count as one of my servings of fruit a day? If it does, I'd rather get my blackberries though this type of delivery. The beer is not qute light, not quite medium bodied, with carbonation that is "gently sparking".

I was skeptical of the long validity date, but despite holding this beer for 5 months, I'd say it came out well. This is one that grew on me as I drank it.

4.25/5  rDev +19%

3.4/5  rDev -4.8%

Cerveja Do Amor from Cervejaria Bodebrown Ltda.
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 6 ratings