Amber Ale | Double Take Brewing Company

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
2.86/5  rDev +3.2%

1.95/5  rDev -29.6%

3.37/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.24/5  rDev +17%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev -0.7%

Drank this after I had a bottle of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - so you can imagine where I'm going with this. Now, I'm not a snob when it comes to brews. And this one is not that bad. It's not a sipping ale by any means, quick draw and pick up the bodies later type of beer. No after taste what so ever. Which is not a bad thing to be honest. But, it's not bad. It's fair. It was 5 bucks in Vons - so , pardon me.

2.95/5  rDev +6.5%

I'll be honest, I bought this for the price. That being said, I wasn't expecting much, just something different to try while I washed my car and lounged around on a Sunday.

I did do a double take after a few sips however. I was expecting this to be pretty bland, but it surprised me by being more average than I anticipated. It's a pretty thin beer but the taste is just complex enough to let you know you aren't drinking a Coors or Budweiser. It's got a slightly malty taste that lingers as you're drinking then gives way to a metallic aftertaste. Not too pleasant but I was drinking lots of water in between bottles so it didn't bother me.

Overall it's not something I'd recommend to friends but if you need a sixpack of low ABV "craft" beers that don't taste like mineral water, it's worth the price.

3.25/5  rDev +17.3%

3.5/5  rDev +26.4%

2.73/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Bought this 6 pack with high expectations. Poured two bottles in a chilled 24 oz glass, looked awesome! First sip was really a disappointment. Crummy after taste. From 50 degrees down to 32 the taste didn't change. Better than some beers I've had, but no means a good beer.

2.68/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a standard pressure-cap 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Reviewed live.

A- Finger-thick white head. Medium retention. Caramel colored body with extremely high clarity.

S- Rosy, caramel, and warm malts. Surprisingly nice.

T- Caramel, distinctly soda-like flavors. Kinda weak.

M- Heavily carbonated, but relatively light body. It's alright.

O- Not a good example of the style, nor is it very drinkable.

3.21/5  rDev +15.9%

The Double Take Amber is OK...its a bit bitter. The beer poured a very nice Amber with 1/2 finger thick foam that is leaving some lace. The smell is really non-distinct. Maybe some malt. The taste as mentioned above is a bit bitter....some more sweet caramle malt balance is needed. The mouthfeel is lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it is ok...decent session beer.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast