St. Bernardus Christmas Ale | Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV

Style: Quadrupel (Quad)

Added by seaoflament on 10-23-2007

#906

Ratings: 2,222 |  Reviews: 718

I was recently in my favorite establishment in Rochester, NY which happens to have over 130 taps. To say they have a great selection would be an understatement.

I came upon St. Bernardus Christmas Ale quite by accident. I had requested a second of my usual amber beer from a well known German brewery that is quite good in its' own right, and for whatever reason the bartender provided me St. Bernardus Christmas Ale.

While it was a bit of a change from my usual beer of choice, I must admit that I was quite surprised by it's appearance, smell, taste mouthfeel and overall quality as my ranking of 5 indicates.

It was as if I walked into my favorite establishment and was swept off my feet by the most beautiful, intelligent, personable woman I had ever met. It was one heck of an experience.

It is important that I mention that this particular ale has an ABV of 10, so I would caution anyone to be very judicious when imbibing this great brew to either be home or have a designated driver. Cheers!

I deeply enjoy the ABT12, however I just purchased a few 11.2 oz bottles of this Christmas Ale. For me this is nearly the best ale I have tried. I prefer a sweeter ale with less hops and this is it.

first 5 star review
750ml poured into a st bernardus chalice

pours an opaque brown with a quarter inch head. taste hints at nutmeg, smell has some cinnamon going on.

taste is full, this is a heavy beer but the abv is definitely well hidden.

i love this beer and i'm one of few that likes this better than the abt 12.

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale from Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV