St. Bernardus Witbier | Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV

sintbernardus.be

Style: Witbier

Added by Jason on 01-06-2003

Ratings: 1,551 |  Reviews: 664

My first review....I will do my best to follow the review protocol but please remember I am a newbie.

Appearance-Cloudy yellow color with lots of visible carbonation. A bit lighter in color compared to other wits.

Smell-Lemon with an under current of yeast.

Taste-Perfectly smooth and balanced. I find it to be more of a lemon taste vs. other wit's orange presence. There is barely a hint of hops which seems to be typical for most wits that I have tried. Love the taste of this one!

Mouthfeel-High level of carbonation which I enjoy. Lighter and smoother than the typical wit.

Drinkability-Easily the most drinkable beer I have ever had. I know this style is typically considered a summer beer but I could have one of these anytime or with any meal.

Comments- I am a big fan of witbiers and St. Bernardus has easily become my favorite. As a reference point, Allagash white ale used to be my wit of choice but I consider that to be a distant second now. This beer is pretty pricey, but I like it so much I find myself continuing to buy it despite the price premium.

St. Bernardus Witbier from Brouwerij St. Bernardus NV