Dunegräs | Greenbush Brewing Company

4.8/5  rDev +25%

4.75/5  rDev +23.7%

4.75/5  rDev +23.7%

4.71/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

One of the best IPA's I've had.

4.63/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Greenbush has been on my radar for a while now. While I haven’t made it to the brewery I’m glad to see they’ve started bottling.

This poured a honeyed amber color with great foaming. I found an aroma of tropical fruit and lemon, pineapple and lemon zest, along with some pine. It has a fantastic big, aroma. There’s an intense bitterness on the palate which just dominated the flavor, with a smooth piney and tropical fruit hop profile coming across. Great finish. One of my new finds for the year!

Had at Mitten 8-6-16

4.49/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.49/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Greenbush brewery is nearby in Sawyer MI and is frequently crowded. I've had Dunegras many times on tap, but this time was poured from a bottle into pint glass. I did not notice much of a difference.

A: Beautiful caramel color. Hint of red. 1/2 finger head, dissipates relatively quickly.

S: Sweet, malty.

T: Balanced bitterness and sweetness. Slight citrus taste comes through.

M: Minimal carbonation. Lingering bitterness, not overwhelming.

Overall: One of my favorite beers from GB.

4.44/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.38/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Greenbush Dunegräs.

From the makers of brother Benjamin, which is the only other brew I've had outta these guys and it being fair enough I elected to give this brewery a second take. $2.29 for the twelve ounce bottle at Jake's Liquor Monroe, Michigan just off the North Dixie I-75 exit by all the truck stops and fast food joints.

Look - Brew flows out like a waterfall and landing is the glass with a murky copper complexion that makes visibility through the other side of the pint glass a chore. Head comes out at a solid two fingers of off white froth that disappates at a slow pace leaving the first signs of a sticky web of lacing at the very top of the glass. Carbonation appears to be on about moderate from what I can tell through the murk. Lacing is a no show like your father at your first birthday party after a night of jack and cokes and convenience store robberies rotting in the Feds. 4.

Smell - This one is clearly brewed with Mosaic hops. Very flower forward and well easing into your nostrils. Like a cute girl with an adorable smile that just absolutely melts your heart. No I'm not talking about your fat pigly wife, I had her last night and there ain't nothing cute about her. Tropical fruity juices meld well with a mixture of mango and grapefruit piths. If it tastes half as good as it smells, we have a winner here. 4.75.

Taste - Well it didn't follow completely to suit. Flower power is there on the initial invasion of your taste buds followed by a guest appearance of tropical juices and grapefruit pithy galore. The sixty-seven IBUs seems higher until your taste buds grow accustomed to them. Bitterness is ever present even after a period of it growing on your tongue. Ahhhhh...our palates are such beautiful things. I'm fighting myself on the score for this category. Perfectly situated between a 4 and a 4.25 so I'll give it the extra credit. 4.25.

Feel - This is the only category I don't care much for judging as I often swallow before I can even get a feel for the feel. Ha, bad puns aside...the body is light to moderate with a noticeable level of carbonation that pricks the top and the bottom of the tongue lightly without feeling like an annoying drunk asshole at the dorm party. Bitterness coats the mouth the longer it sits and opens up the malty level of the brew which is completely absent in the initial flavor. Coats the tongue in high IBU goodness and nearly wrecks the palate. Only wish it had a higher ABV. 4.5.

Overall - This one was a roller coaster ride. As my palate gets better and better so does my way of explaining it to you. No, my reviews are not conservative nor are they biased and at times not even to the specific style. BUT...this is a site dedicated to what the INDIVIDUAL thinks while reviewing the beer. This one..very solid and probably my favorite lower spectrum ABV IPA. But as always, that's just MY opinion. Try it out for yourself and make your own judgement. 4.25.

4.38/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Dunegräs from Greenbush Brewing Company