Mocha Machine | Beachwood BBQ & Brewing

Mocha MachineMocha Machine

Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
beachwoodbbq.com

Style: American Porter

Mocha machine is a well-engineered endeavor in massive aromatics and rich flavors. Brewed with an array of British and German malts, this burly brew is infused with masterfully roasted coffee from Portola Coffee lab in Costa Mesa, CA. It is then aged on cacao nibs from Ecuador, adding an awesomely deep dimension of fudge.

Added by SubpoenaDeuces on 03-20-2013

Deep color. Smells of chocolate and coffee. The taste..the best Porter I've ever had. Tastes like coffee infused fudge. Velvety mouthfeel. Overall I can't say enough about this beer.

I don't see how one could make a better imperial coffee beer. Everything you could ask for; great coffee nose and notes with a chocolaty base malt that balances it out perfectly. It packs a punch at 9.2%, but the alcohol is coveted up well. A must try

4.91/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance - Black-Brown body. Very coffee like. Very small Brown/white head with thin lacing collar.

Smell - Coffee, Coffee and Coffee. Like did I mention the great coffee smell? Oh, also with a tinge of dark chocolate.

Taste - Coffee, Coffee and Coffee. I see the theme here. Dark chocolate, coffee and mat, just simply the nectar of the gods.

Mouth-feel - Medium or medium-heavy.

Overall - If you like coffee and like beer, and maybe want some chocolate in your coffee/beer. Then BAM, Mocha machine is the illustrious coffee beer of your dreams. the same dreams that have unicorns and aliens. Those dreams you wish could be true, finally can be. At least in the beer form. Mocha Machine delivers.

4.84/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I have a confession to make... I honestly used to treat Beachwood as a great guest tap house, and thought of their house beers as cute...

But after trying this, I'm not laughing anymore. I used to not care for porters... Until I had this.

A: Pours a beautiful chocolate brown, with about half an inch of head. Beautiful!

S: Better than any mocha I've ever had! Amazing!

T: Coffee, Chocolate, Roasty, with a hint of Boozy... Again, better than anything Starbucks could even dream of... And I LOVE mochas.

M: Smooth, medium carbonation. Like a chocolately roasty mocha... But better!

O: This beer made me take Beachwood seriously... And I'm damn glad I did! Nobody's laughing now! They can give the best a run for their money! Look out Pliny, Beachwood is on the prowl!

4.83/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Poured into teku glass:

Look: Very dark. Not pitch black like a stout. Brown head.
Smell: Amazing aroma. Tons of coffee with underlying chocolate flavors.
Taste: Very much like the smell. However, my words cannot do it justice. So much coffee and chocolate. Mocha Machine is the perfect name...I feel like I am almost drinking a coffee cold brew...alcohol very well masked. Also get some vanilla flavors.
Feel: Creamy mouthfeel with slight prickle from carbonation.

Overall: An amazing coffee porter. Probably one of the best I have ever had. I can say I even prefer this to Victory at Sea. I really cannot wait until the next bottle release. I am blown away.

4.81/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +11.9%

4.79/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75