Night Fury - Bourbon Barrel Aged With Boysenberry And Ghost Peppers

SCORE
Outstanding
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 13

Had this fresh and aged 9 months. Aged 9 months is the real winner as the beer had a lot more heat from the ghost peppers in the background. The boysenberry sweetness faded and the spice from the peppers excelled. One of my all time favorite stouts with the taste of bourbon, chocolate, and slight syrupy boysenberry sweetness with a generous bite of ghost peppers. Below is my take fresh which I still rated a 4.18 but now it deserves a 5. Kicks the crap out of Prairie Bomb that's for sure. I suggest aging it 9-12 months.

Here's my take when fresh:

A very nice bourbon barrel stout. My only complaint was not enough ghost peppers, I was hoping for something that most would hate. I wanted something that would make my mouth on fire with every sip that would mellow out with boysenberry sweetness. Yes this was tastey and yes this was balanced but I wanted spicy. I mean c'mon it has ghost peppers and ghost peppers should come with warning and not be for the weak. This is why I have low 4's. I'd mark a 5 blindtested if I didn't know what it was.

4.4/5  rDev +0.9%

This is actually a great combination. I'm not typically a fan of the spicy beers. However, it works really well with the night fury and the Bourbon barrel aging. Sweet and heat coming together to create a delicious combination.

Night Fury - Bourbon Barrel Aged With Boysenberry And Ghost Peppers from Witch's Hat Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 93 out of 100 with 13 ratings