Pick Me Up Porter | Fredericksburg Brewing Company, Inc.

Awaiting More Ratings

Fredericksburg Brewing Company, Inc.
Texas, United States
yourbrewery.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by hiikeeba on 10-30-2009

Reviews by hiikeeba:
4.32/5  rDev +3.3%

A - Pours up dark brown or mahogany with red highlights, and a thin tan head.

S - Sweet malt with a strong coffee aroma. The coffee smells roasty and sweet and appetizing.

T - I like coffee, I like beer. There is some sweet malt flavor, replaced with a chocolaty coffee flavor. Hints of vanilla. Finishes with a subtle coffee bitterness that doesn't last long.

M - Medium bodied

D - The roast coffee flavor doesn't linger and build up, so this is a very drinkable beer. Makes me hungry for a plate of steak and eggs.

4.13/5  rDev -1.2%

A: Pours a dark brown, almost black color. A two finger tan head forms with good retention. Lots of sticky lace is left behind.
S: Tons of rich dark coffee. Dark roasted malt. Just dark a deep. One of the strongest coffee character I have had in a beer.
T: Again rich dark roasted coffee and malt. A bit of chocolate and toffee linger.
M/D: A medium body with crisp carbonation. The carbonation is not prickly at all. After it breaths a bit, this becomes much more creamy and smooth. So easy to drink. Considering the intense flavors and aroma I thought this was going to be hard to put back. I really enjoyed this.

A huge thanks to biggreen for sharing a growler of this with armock and me. An excellent coffee beer. Highly recommend.

4.08/5  rDev -2.4%

Thanks to biggreen for sharing this growler with me and champ103.

A - Poured a black color with a tan head that leaves lacing behind

S - It smells like a cup of cold black coffee

T - Well this is like drinking a glass of cold carbonated coffee with some slight chocolate notes

M - This beer has a medium body with medium carbonation to it

D - I'm not a big coffee beer fan but looking at it as far as the style goes this is a good beer that I liked more than most coffee beers

As a side note biggreen made one of the best ice cream floats with this beer. He used vanilla ice cream this beer and a splash of framboise. Supper fing good.

Pick Me Up Porter from Fredericksburg Brewing Company, Inc.