Pride & Joy Mild Ale | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Pride & Joy Mild AlePride & Joy Mild Ale
Liked This Beer
3.88 w/ 2,198 ratings
Pride & Joy Mild AlePride & Joy Mild Ale

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

A smooth, medium-bodied session beer with bright citrus hop aroma and finish. Our interpretation of an American Mild Ale.

Added by purplehops on 08-06-2001

Liked:
3.88/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,198 |  Reviews: 696

Just a beautiful "lite" beer

4.94/5  rDev +27.3%

Pours out a nice clear golden color in my hefe glass - very inviting. Aroma is full of fruity bubblegum hop aroma, along with some grapefruits....drool. Taste is dominated by flavoring hops, that are downright delicious. A slight malt backbone peeks through - enough to add flavor - yet not detract from the fresh taste of this beer. There is a great dry finish to this one, leaving my mouth feeling like a bouqet of flowers.

Drinkability? Refer to Lionel Ritchies "All Night Long"

This is by far the best session brew I've come across

4.92/5  rDev +26.8%

What a hell of a pleasant surprise. I should have expected so from Three Floyds after enjoying their so-called "Pale Ale" so much. If anything, this is more of a Pale Ale than the Alpha King (which is more of an IPA for those who haven't tried it).

It pours to a clear and pale golden amber color with moderate carbonation and a beautifully retaining head, which starts at about an inch on the pint and recedes to about a centimeter through the duration of the glass. The beer left lace in strata to my amazement! The smell is of piney cascade hops and citrusy flavors including grapefruit, orange, and tangerine. Has a very light presence of English malts underlying the hops.

The taste is as the smell prescribed. I think I have found me a new favorite session beer, and I'll be damned if I don't convince my friends of the same. At an ABV of under 5%, I could drink this all night, and will definitely do so in the future. I can't believe I have passed this up so many times. So, why are you still reading this when you could be out buying some more beer to supplement your beer fridge?

Pride & Joy Mild Ale from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 74.2% out of 100 with 2,198 ratings