Robert The Bruce | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

good
Read the review
Robert The BruceRobert The Bruce

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: Scottish Ale

A full-bodied Scottish-style Ale with a well-rounded malty profile and roasted biscuit-like notes.

Added by purplehops on 08-06-2001

Ratings: 3,151 |  Reviews: 993

The title its not normal sums this beer up. Poured into my trusty pint glass. golden color with nice head. smells a little strong and taste smooth as candy. Moutful feeling for a nice 6 pack to have on a daily basis. I would recommend this scottish ale

This pours dark mahogany, with a slight haze and leaving a finger head which dissipates fairly quickly. The ring sticks to the glass.

This smells wonderfully malty and chocolaty and some bit of a spicy hop. These are all apparent, yet not stinging, and very well balanced.

The taste is malty and chocolaty, with just right snip of a hop balance.

The mouth feel is nice and creamy, with a hint of coarseness which adds to the richness. The coarseness is a good thing, it is NOT like pop, it is just a thicker creamy bubble.

The finish is clean, but the creamy mouth feel continues on its way down the throat. I can't think of another beer which retains the creaminess in the mouth like this one.

This has a nice rich body, too.

9% alcohol? 7.5%? 7%? I've read many different numbers, but regardless it does have a higher than normal dose of alcohol - but you can't really taste it for it is hidden so well!

This beer means a lot to me. I have never been one to drink beer ever. Not even in college. Never liked the flavor. A waiter suggested this, and it changed how I look at beer. I still don't like major brand beers, and I still would rather not drink those. But, beers like this are very flavorful and enjoyable. It is this very beer, Robert the Bruce, which made it so I can appreciate beer. It has been my all time favorite, my cornerstone beer. I would recommend to anybody who is looking for a non-miller to give this a try. Caution: it has flavor. It will accost the taste buds of those who like lite beers. For me, that is what beer should be for.

Robert The Bruce from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.