Dreadnaught IPA | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Dreadnaught IPADreadnaught IPA

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

An Imperial India Pale Ale with an intense citrus hop aroma, a huge malt body and a crisp finish.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-19-2001

Ratings: 6,020 |  Reviews: 1,726

4.15/5  rDev -5.5%

A: Dark Orange/Amber in color huge white head that lasted quite a while. First few sips were through the froth.

S: Fantastic huge hop smell. Lots of mango/peach/fruit.

T: Again lots of fruity hops, piney bitterness, but very drinkable.

M: Plenty of carbonation and lingering alcohol.

O: This beer proved to me that I'm really figuring out this whole beer thing because I didn't actually like this beer a whole lot but I can tell it is a shining example of a near perfect IPA. I don't see myself ever drinking it again, but I knew I was in the presence of greatness.

4.03/5  rDev -8.2%

From notes:
Served in a half pint glass at the brewery.
One finger of white frothy head, hazy pale to golden body. Good lacing and ok retention.

Smell of citrus, light pine and tropical fruit. Not as big as hoped but good.

Tastes of big citrus and piney hops. Some sweetness mid palate mixed with some earthy hops. Very firm bitterness and powdery dry finish. Alcohol is slightly noticeable but dosent detract in any way.

Medium thin bodied and medium carbonation keep it fairly drinkable. The bitter dry finish fits the style but not my likes.

Overall this is tasty and good but not great. I could only take one serving of this at a time. The smell and tastes are great but I'd like a bit more in the nose and a bit more body and sweetness. This has the FFF hop profile like most of their beers.

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.5/5  rDev +2.5%

Dreadnaught IPA from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.