Dreadnaught IPA | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Dreadnaught IPADreadnaught IPA

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

An Imperial India Pale Ale with an intense citrus hop aroma, a huge malt body and a crisp finish.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-19-2001

Ratings: 6,020 |  Reviews: 1,726

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Major props to BA Chaney for bringing this back from the brewery for me- Thanks Brandon!

Dreadnaught pours a beautiful orange/yellow in color with a nice one finger white head. Massive sheets of lacing on my snifter glass. This brew is fairly clear, and easy to see the good carbonation rising from the deep. Holy Crap. Great nose on this one! I could smell it the second the cap came off. Lemon, pine, grapefruit, hops, pineapple... Really amazingly good, balanced citrus nose on this one. I can't think of anything to improve. Woah. The taste is amazing. This is a hophead's dream beer, and thus, I love it. Hops all the way around w/ the malt backbone holding it up, but out of the way. The hops are literally destroying my palate half-way through the bottle. Awesome. A small citrus flavor on the back end before the hops comes and destroys what's left of it. Feel is smooth on the front and end, and hop bite everywhere else. Great carbonation as well. Overall, this is definitely one of the best beers I've ever had in my life. If you have a chance to try it- RUN- and pick up as many as your arms will hold. Really glad I got a chance to try this beer. Cheers!

4.38/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was my first beer of 2012, poured from a 22oz bottle into a glass.

A: Pours a real nice burnt orange color with creamy white head, about one finger that stayed throughout my entire drinking of the beer.

S: Smells wonderful - full of oranges, mango and peach with a sort of caramel backbone.

T: Just as it smells, all the flavors come through. It had a very clean taste, without a harsh bite for being a DIPA.

M: Light feel with a good amount of carbonation. It was very smooth and drinkable.

O: This was a fantastic DIPA - I'm glad I was able to get my hands on one. Very smooth and drinkable, I'm looking forward to getting more during my next trip to IN.

4.5/5  rDev +2.5%

Dreadnaught IPA from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.