Gorch Fock | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

good
Gorch FockGorch Fock

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Availability: Summer

A light golden colored Franconian style Helles Lager. With a slightly sweet malt body, a noble hop profile and a crisp finish this beer is as traditional as we’ll ever get.

Added by cretemixer on 04-04-2005

4.75/5  rDev +27%

4.57/5  rDev +22.2%

Poured from a bomber off the ware house rack at DLD the liquid is pale yellow with a slight cloudiness and ok carbonation. The head is a good two fingers white and leaves a bit of lace.

The smell is strong and fruity, yeasty bread and a dash of spice.

The taste follows, Say 3F's nailed this one, I would order this if it was von fuss at HB. Generous Malt make this offering a winner, what a treat on such a Schone Tag. Hops are correct for the stlye but to be honest I was expecting a bit of flash there and might have liked it better but anyhow...Truly a very fine and well done a Helles too be sure.

The mouthfeel is good nice body maybe a bit thicker then the norm and the carbonation is good as well might need a more but that all evens out.

The drinkability is just great, Very well done.

Prost prost Kameraden Prost Prost. MK

4.56/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This one caught me off guard, an extra from my first trade. As someone who still partakes in BMC macro lagers when theres no other options, this was like the best beer that those could ever hope to be. I am not very well versed in the Helles Lager style, but drinking it just felt like drinking something you would find in Germany, like what a Lager was always meant to be. I can't relay how impressed I was with this brew, Three Floyd's should be proud of this one, and it's something I would honestly trade for in the future, I loved everything about it.

4.49/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.44/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 5

Served in a pint glass.
A: Aggressive pour yields a dismal 1/4 finger of head. A thin ring of head sticks around. Hazy appearance - definitely not ideal in a lager. Very pale yellow, almost like a wit. I'd like darker.
S: A nice mellow malt with floral and grassy hop pop. Mmmmm.
T: Wow, not crazy hoppy as I was expecting from Three Floyds. This is a fair and balanced beer. I thoroughly enjoy the flavor. Nice bready malt with a spot on lager hop bite. I agree with katan about the honey and yeast finish. Delicious. It doesn't wow me, but a great session beer.
M: Very prickly and tingly. I'd like the carbonation to be more subdued.
D: Oh yeah! At 4.5%, this tasty bad boy will be enjoyable for quite a time.

4.44/5  rDev +18.7%

4.4/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.4/5  rDev +17.6%

4.38/5  rDev +17.1%

Another winner from fff. A delicious lager that has a very clean finish. I can really only define this as how a macro lager shoud taste. A malty backbone compliments a hoppy finish. Overall real tASFY beer that ahpuld peobably become a year round brew

4.38/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Gorch Fock from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.