Alpha King | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Alpha KingAlpha King
4.25/5
Outstanding
Alpha KingAlpha King

3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
3floyds.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-23-2000

#762

Ratings: 6,559 |  Reviews: 1,860

4.5/5  rDev +5.9%

I found this on tap at a hidden gem of a beer bar 30 minutes out of town. Lucky me. It pours a rich amber orange color with two inches of creamy off white head. The aroma is spectacular. Hops are at the forefront but sweet malt and citrus fruit are major players as well. Then I take a sip. I took a double take after I swallowed. This tastes much more like an IPA then just a pale ale. The flavor is very hoppy but, not a hop bomb at all. The malt is well balanced with the hops making for a super drinkable beer. There is a orange peel sour/sweetness that comes out as well. The mouhfeel is awfully pleasant. Medium body with a nice creamy texture. This is a top beer on my list. I spent the entire night enjoying one after another. I will be visiting my this bar again. A 30 minute drive is nothing to enjoy a drink with "the king"

4.5/5  rDev +5.9%

Alpha King from 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.25 out of 5 with 6,559 ratings